ZF Group is a Leading Worldwide Automotive Supplier for Driveline and Chassis Technology. With total sales of euro 12,9 billion in 2010 and 70,000 employees at 117 production companies in 26 countries, ZF is among the top ten companies on the ranking list of the largest automotive suppliers worldwide. We are currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer - Final Test for a new transmission facility located in Laurens County.
Position Summary: Works integrally with maintenance technicians, the maintenance facilitator, engineers and other plant personnel in the analysis of process problems, troubleshooting machining and assembly equipment problems as are appropriate to proper process operation.
- Make changes to enhance the machine functionality of the equipment.
- To continuously improve/upgrade equipment
- Troubleshoot and solve errors/problems on production equipment
- Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Confers with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
- Determines product specifications for the purchase of equipment, materials, tooling or parts, according to specifications and quality standards.
- Contact potential suppliers for production equipment and makes the final technical choice.
- Follows the evolution of the equipment and performs acceptance evaluation accordingly.
- Responsible for the implementation of the equipment on the floor from delivery to hand off to production.
- Responsible for documentation, preventive maintenance plans and training.
- Estimate production times, staffing requirements, and related costs on old and new productions to provide information for management decisions.
- Confers with management, design and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Supports day to day production.
- Involvement in team meetings with production workers to help determine and develop areas of improvement.
- Works on new programs as assigned (APQP tasks).
- Responsible for creating procedures, PFMEA’s, and work flows in an effort to meeting TS 16949 requirements.
- A working knowledge of statistical methods and SPC charts.
- Estimates, future manufacturing requirements and potential, help to ensure that the quality of the product produced meets all customer requirements.
- Leads projects for existing production and new programs using APQP and Lean principles to meet timing and budget as well as performance.
- Other Duties as related to this position.