At BrightStar, we believe that caring is more than just a job, it’s a way of life. That’s why our caregivers mean so much more to the people, families and organizations they care for. Our employees have so much more to offer. Do you? BrightStar is looking for people who care more. People who want to make a greater difference in the lives of others.
People who are committed to the highest standards of integrity, quality and reliability. At BrightStar, our employees are more than caregivers — they’re the people our customers count on to truly care. Experience a more rewarding career with BrightStar!
Visit Our Website
REGISTERED NURSE / RN
This position provides home health clinical services. Field staff registered nurses are responsible for ensuring appropriate delivery of care and adherence to industry and brand standards of quality.
Registered Nurse Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides care as defined within the scope of the state’s nurse practice act.
- If directed by the Director of Nursing, makes the initial evaluation visit and regularly reevaluates the client’s nursing needs.
- Initiates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions, keeping the Director of Nurses updated on the revisions.
- Provides those services requiring substantial and specialized nursing skill.
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures.
- Prepares clinical and progress notes and summaries of care.
- Informs the Director of Nursing, physician and other personnel of changes in the patient’s condition and needs.
- Counsels the client and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
- Assists in the development of organization goals. Administers agency policies and procedures.
- Assists the Director of Nursing with assessing the competency of clinical staff to promote quality, continuity and safety of a client’s care.
- Supervises, educates and coaches other nursing personnel, as directed by the Director of Nursing.
- Provide information to be used for statistics, reports and records for purposes of evaluation and reporting of organization activities.
- Assures proper maintenance of clinical records in compliance with local, state and federal laws.
- Assures compliance with all local, state and federal laws
- Identifies and participates in agency performance improvement activities.
- Stays informed about changes in the field of nursing and home health care. Shares information with appropriate organization personnel.
REGISTERED NURSE / RN
Education and Experience:
- Registered nurse with current unencumbered licensure to practice professional nursing in Illinois.
- BSN preferred, but not mandatory. Must have graduated from a National League of Nursing accredited program.
- Three (2) to five (4) years of clinical experience with one (1) year experience in a home health agency, primary care clinic or health facility, preferred.
- Possess exceptional nursing assessment skills.
- Comply with accepted professional standards of practice.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Analytic/Critical thinker.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to deal tactfully with clients, staff and community.
- Treat clients, staff and the public with courtesy, respect and presents a positive public image.
- Case management skills are a plus.
- Understands regulatory compliance:
- Federal regulations including but not limited to OSHA, HIPAA
- Joint Commission Accreditation
Careerbuilder Related Keywords: R.N., RN, registered nurse, nursing, er, emergency, medical, surgical, obstetrics, pediatrics, intensive care unit, ICU, I.C.U., E.R., Home Care, Home Health, Homecare, Hospice, LPN, LVN, clinical
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using miracleworkers.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the miracleworkers.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.