Report This Job
Part Time Home Care & Hospice Registered Nurse - Dickinson, ND
Job Title/Position: Registered Nurse (RN)
Reports To: Director Home Health & Hospice
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The registered nurse plans, organizes and directs home care services and is experienced in nursing, with emphasis on community health education/experience. The professional nurse builds from the resources of the community to plan and direct services to meet the needs of individuals and families within their homes and communities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Completes an initial assessment of patient and family to determine home care needs. Provides a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness.
2. Regularly re-evaluates patient nursing needs.
3. Initiates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions as patient status and needs change.
4. Uses health assessment data to determine nursing diagnosis.
5. Develops a care plan, which establishes goals based on nursing diagnosis and incorporates therapeutic, preventive, and rehabilitative nursing actions. Includes the patient and the family in the planning process.
6. Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician.
7. Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
8. Provides health care instructions to the patient as appropriate per assessment and plan of care.
9. Identifies discharge planning needs as part of the care plan development and implements prior to discharge of the patient.
10. Acts as Case Manager when assigned by Clinical Supervisor and assumes responsibility to coordinate patient care for assigned caseload.
1. Prepares clinical notes and updates the primary physician when necessary and at least every sixty days.
2. Communicates with the physician regarding the patient’s needs and reports any changes in the patient’s condition; obtains/receives physician’s orders as required.
3. Communicates with community health related persons to coordinate the care plan.
1. Participates in on-call duties as defined by the on-call policy.
2. Ensures that arrangements for equipment and other necessary items and services are available.
3. Instructs, supervises and evaluates home health aide care provided.
1. Registered nurse with current licensure to practice professional nursing in the state.
2. Graduate of National League for Nursing accredited school of nursing.
3. Maintains a current CPR certification.
4. Current valid driver’s license.
5. Minimum of two years experience, at least one of which is in the area of public health or home care nursing is preferred.
6. Self directed and able to work with minimal supervision.
7. Demonstrates excellent observation, problem solving, verbal and written communication skills; nursing skills per competency checklist.
8. Shows ability to organize and prioritize workload independently.
9. Management experience not required. Responsible for supervising home health aides.
10. Prolonged or considerable walking or standing. Able to lift, position, or transfer patients. Able to lift supplies and equipment. Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, or crouching. Visual acuity and hearing to perform required nursing skills.
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers/CB
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period: 40
Weekends Required: Occasional
Status: Part Time
Report This Job
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using miracleworkers.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the miracleworkers.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.