The Home Health Aide or Caregiver is a member of the home care team who works under the supervision of a Registered Nurse and performs various personal care services as necessary to meet the client’s needs. Is responsible for observing clients, reporting these observations and documenting observations and care performed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide client care as directed by the Director of Nursing or Registered Nurse Supervisor.
- Provide personal care:
- Grooming, including oral care
- Assist the client with dressing and undressing
- Assist the client with toileting
- Assist in feeding the client, if necessary
- Take and record vital signs (temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure)
- Support good skin care to prevent skin breakdown (i.e. turn and reposition client, actively encourage movement)
- Assist client with active and passive range of motions as defined by the plan of care
- Provide client with help walking and transferring