When it comes to medical care, you have a lot of options. We know that. And we want you to know that we at Elmhurst Memorial Healthcare would appreciate the opportunity to provide that care for you and be your advocate.
You’re more than a patient to us. You’re an individual. We promise to not only provide state-of-the-art medical care but down-to-earth, personalized attention as well.
Founded in 1926, Elmhurst Memorial Hospital is now Elmhurst Memorial Healthcare. We’ve expanded our services and have several conveniently located Care Centers to better serve you, your family and the communities you live in.
The organization includes a hospital that operates 330 beds and a staff of more than 3,000 employees and 600 physicians.
Visit Our Website
Welcome to Elmhurst Memorial Healthcare. From home care to open-heart surgery, Elmhurst Memorial has a dedication to excellence that keeps the Health System aggressively poised for expansion and at the forefront of quality.
• 2-3 years experience
The GI Oncology Nurse Navigator is a Registered Nurse works to coordinate the care of adult and geriatric patients with actual or potential health concerns. The coordinator will facilitate patient continuity of care between hospital departments, physician offices, and appropriate resources.
1. Collaborates with multiple departments to optimize patient flow through the health care system.
2. Works with patients' physicians to expedite diagnostic and/or follow-up appointments.
3. Monitors diagnostic test results to identify patients who may need coordination of services.
4. Contacts patients to offer assistance to navigate the health care system.
5. Provides facts and information related to diagnostic procedures and answers to questions, but does not give treatment advice.
6. Provides emotional support to patients and families.
7. Develops and revises educational materials provided to patients.
8. Facilitates referrals to appropriate programs.
9. Participates in quality improvement initiatives and actively monitors data elements for program.
10. Works with patients' physicians to expedite diagnostic and/or follow-up appointments
11. Works collaboratively with multiple departments and physician specialties to produce positive experiences and achieve desired outcomes for patients.
12. Collaborates with multiple departments to optimize patient flow through the health care system
13. Monitors diagnostic test results to identify patients who may need coordination
14. Provides information and instructions at a level of understanding appropriate to the comprehension level of the patient and.or significant other.
15. Participates in staff meetings, patient care conferences, committees, and projects.
16. Physical job tasks include; Occasional sitting, bending, reaching, and climbing, frequent standing and walking. Repetitive use of hands involving computer use; frequent lifting up to 10 lbs. and occasionally lifitng up to 100 lbs. Occasionally carrying and putshing/pulling up to 50 lbs.
Elmhurst Memorial Healthcare offers a comprehensive employee benefits package, including: competitive salary, vacation time, tuition reimbursement, health insurance, life insurance, dental insurance, a savings and investment plan and incentive program. Benefits may vary among divisions.
Chemotherapy/Biotherapy certification is required within 6 months of employment.
The nurse selected for this position will be focused on the development of a GI cancer program for the hospital. This is a new position that will require the incumbent to develop, implement, and evaluate program objectives based on evidence based practice, patient, physician and/or market driven initiatives. This position reports into a very progressive oncology program. The incumbent in this position will have navigator colleagues each responsible for a different specialized patient population.
The ideal candidate needs to be a self starter, independent, and well researched. Clear, effective communication skills are a must. Additionally, the incumbent is expected to present evidenced based program recommendations in a clear, concise and organized manner.
Current IL license.
Current CPR certification.
ONS Certification is preferred.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using MiracleWorkers.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the MiracleWorkers.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.