Benefits Coordinator / Patient Coordinator
Kelly Services currently has an opportunity available for a Benefits Coordinator to join our client located in Sun Valley, CA. The Benefits Coordinator will be responsible for performing the appropriate procedures to verify patient eligibility, coordinate benefits, run test claims and determine patient coverage/responsibility for services and testing and implementation of new plan business. So, if you’re ready to help ensure an organization is run smoothly, then what are you waiting for?! Apply now!
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs Insurance Verification of benefit coverage on all of patient's insurance plans for each service being provided.
- Obtains and documents in the system all information related to coinsurance, copay, deductibles, authorization requirements, etc.
- Creates documentation required to service the patient per policy and payer guidelines.
- Determines estimated patient financial responsibility using insurance verification information and payer contracts and/or self pay guidelines.
- Obtains initial authorization prior to admitting the patient for all services for any insurance plan that has authorization requirements.
- Obtains reauthorization as necessary, reviews physician orders from pharmacy to determine if authorization is required on changes / additions to therapy for patients that are already on service.
- Patient Eligibility
- Must be bilingual Spanish
- 1 year experience as Medical Biller and Coder is a plus
- Medical Terminology
- Insurance Authorization/Verification
- Strong Customer Service in Healthcare field for at least 1 year
- Must have High School Diploma or GED
- CPR Plus is preferred
- Can work Monday-Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm or 9:00am - 6:00pm
HOW TO APPLY:
This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. To apply for this opportunity please utilize the “Apply Now/Submit Resume” button. Every day, Kelly Healthcare Resources (KHR) specializes in providing highly skilled nursing and allied health professionals within hospitals and other health care facilities, as well as positions in sectors such as insurance, pharmaceutical, health management and education.
In addition to working with the world’s most recognized and trusted name in staffing, Kelly employees can expect:
•Access to a comprehensive employee benefits package including health, prescription, vision, dental, and life and short-term disability insurance
•Paid service bonus and holidays
•Portable 401(k) plans
•Recognition and incentive programs
•Access to continuing education via the Kelly Learning Center
RELATED SEARCH TERMS: Medical billing, medical coding, coding and billing, medical billing/coding, medical coder, insurance verification, authorization
With Kelly, you’ll have direct connections to leading healthcare companies—providing you with the chance to positively impact quality and delivery of patient care. In a field where innovation and change happen constantly, our connections and opportunities will help you take your career exactly where you want to. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and more than 1,200 healthcare hiring managers turn to us each year to access the best talent: people like you.
Let us help advance your healthcare career today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to have a role in managing employment opportunities for more than one million workers around the globe. We employ 550,000 of these individuals directly with the remaining workers engaged through our talent supply chain network of supplier partners. Revenue in 2015 was $5.5 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.