Sheridan Healthcorp is one of most experienced and successful providers in the country of hospital-based services and office-based specialty practices. Based in Plantation, Florida, Sheridan Healthcorp has seen steady growth for more than 60 years and currently provides services throughout the U.S. After its merger with AmSurg in 2014, Sheridan Healthcorp became part of a dynamic healthcare powerhouse with strong positions in multiple facets of surgical care.
If you are looking for a stable, fast-paced, growing company in the healthcare industry that is committed to innovation, excellence and integrity, then this may be a great next step in the advancement of your career.
We currently have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Medical Coder in Anesthesia coding. The Medical Coders on this team analyze, verify and code medical records from surgical procedures received by our Anesthesia department. These records are then submitted to the Reimbursement Department for claim submission and billing.
The following skills are required for consideration:
- Current CPC, COC (old CPC-H), CCA, CCS-P, CCS, RHIA, or RHIT Coding Certification, or willing to get it within 6 months of joining the team
- 2 or more years of Anesthesia or general surgery coding experience in a high production environment
- Experience doing Inpatient or Outpatient Surgical Hospital based coding
- This is not coding with ASA codes (generalized surgical codes that cross over)
- Coding experience in a Surgeon’s office would be a plus
- Need to know how to apply ICD10 and CPT codes and modifiers and work on surgical coding cases for all modalities and multi-specialties
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Proficiency in MS Word and MS Excel, and DX knowledgeable
- Analytical mindset, with great attention to detail
- Self-motivated, with proven ability to code with speed and accuracy
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Team player with great interpersonal skills
- ICD10 Coding Certification is highly preferred
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and experience as detailed above
To be considered, candidates must submit verifiable prior employment for the past seven years including title, dates of hire and salary history and will be subject to a criminal background check. Education is also verified.
If you are ready to join an exciting, progressive company and have a strong work ethic, join our team of experts! We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
Sheridan Healthcorp, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.