Looking for Entry Level, Certified Coders for a great, worldwide company in the Cool Springs, Franklin, TN area. This is an on-site position, so the person must live in the area and be willing to go to the office M-F and work 40 hours a week. Pay is competitive and completely based upon years of experience, education, and credentials.
This is a long term contract position with the great potential to go permanent in the long run. Our company offers basic medical coverage until you go permanent with the company.
Hours are M-F 8am-5pm Central during first 8 weeks of training. After training and accurately coding practice charts, you will be allowed a more flexible schedule (can work anytime from 6am-6pm as long as you work 8 hours a day, 5 days a week).
This person will be fully trained on HCC coding (Medicare Advantage Coding).
Risk Adjustment (HCC) Coder
The Medical Coder provides coding and coding auditing services directly to providers. This includes the analysis and translation of medical and clinical diagnoses, procedures, injuries, or illnesses into designated numerical codes.
- Receive assigned medical charts to code
- Review medical charts electronically using a computer
- Abstract and code diagnosis and documentation information
- Research and resolution of coding projects as assigned
- Document requested information from the medical record
- Determine valid encounters including legibility and valid signature requirement
- Perform ongoing analysis of medical record charts for the appropriate coding compliance
- Provide effective feedback to providers and clients through power point presentations, reports, and education
- Coder is responsible for meeting daily production goal and quality goal of averaging 95% accuracy rate on a consistent basis
- Attend conference calls as necessary to provide information and/or feedback