Join our team providing critical services for our “Nation’s Finest" Soldiers at Naval Health clinic in Annapolis, MD. We are seeking an LPN to provide services in the Primary Care Clinic. This is a Monday through Friday job and will give you the opportunity to be working with active duty soldiers and medical staff.
TYPE OF WORK:
- Provide instructions for the patient and /or family members that were previously presented by the physician or registered nurse. Instructions may include but are not limited to self-care, selected treatment measures, and review of plan of care.
- Ensure patient care is carried out in accordance with the Standards of Nursing Care and the policies and procedures of the clinic.
- Check patients into the clinic and triage using clinic guidelines. Inform the nurse, physician extender or physician of the patient’s condition and potential problems.
- Obtain and document patient and pertinent family history.
- Perform a full range of diagnostic support duties which include taking vital signs, collecting specimens, obtaining, recording and tracking results of diagnostic tools.
- Assist the physician in a variety of diagnostic examinations such as lumbar punctures, colposcopies and Sigmoidoscopies, by preparing, positioning and monitoring patients, and setting out and handling instruments and equipment.
- Perform laboratory tests such as checking urine for sugar and stool for blood. Record and report results.
- Perform a range of treatment procedures that include sterile dressing changes, applying compresses,, monitoring IV fluids, inserting catheters and suctions, inserting nasogastric tubes, administering medications, giving enemas, setting up and giving treatment that requires auxiliary equipment such as oxygen and suction. Ambulate patients to other areas to include radiology, various clinics, and physical therapy.
- Prepare patients for tests, examinations, treatments, and/or surgery. Collect specimens such as urine, sputum and stool. Label specimens for laboratory examinations and follow up by using CHCS/AHLATA or calling the laboratory for reports. Alert provider to conditions which deviate from expected findings.
- Prepare, start, monitor and discontinue intravenous fluids with accuracy and in accordance with established procedures.
- Observe, report and document all observed symptoms, reactions, treatments and changes in the patient condition to the registered nurse, physician extender or physician. Make careful observations to assess that nursing procedures and treatment do not cause additional distress.
- Perform routine nursing care activities such as taking blood pressures, temperatures, baths and hygiene care, passing and removal of trays, changing of linen, and otherwise assist in the care of the physical needs of the patient.
- Operate basic equipment required in delivery of patient care such as pumps, IV pumps, oxygen administration apparatus and incentive spirometers.
- Execute physician’s orders within the guidelines of standard nursing practice. Ensure accurate medication is administered in correct form and dosage to the proper patient as directed by the physician.
Keywords: Professional Performance, LPN, LVN, PPDG, Naval clinic, Navy, Annapolis, Government job, Maryland, BLS, Certification, primary care clinic.