Our dedicated recruiters are here to help you to find and secure just the right opportunity. We take the time to learn about you, your skills, your interests, and your career goals, and then match you with the jobs and companies that best suit your needs. Whether you are looking for contract, contract-to-hire, or direct hire positions, we can help you to find the meaningful and gratifying work that you've been looking for. Let Medix be your partner as you move your career forward. Contact us today!
'Medix cares about its employees to the point where they're treated like family. They provide the necessary tools to help with your job search and provide continuous contact to ensure your placement is going well. You're more than just an employee - you're also a team member, and I couldn't be happier!' ~ Jasmine, Medix Talent
The HEDIS Licensed Vocational Nurse will work under the direction of the HEDIS Clinical Lead and Quality Director. This position will support the Quality Department with various tasks to achieve organizational HEDIS goals. Requires sitting in front of a computer for a significant portion of the workday with occasional travel to medical offices to retrieve medical records from EMR systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates reports, spreadsheets, flowcharts, databases and update data as needed
- Telephonic and fax outreach to provider offices for medical record requests
- Follows up on requests for records or the need to obtain missing information via phone and/or fax
- Provides initial quality review on returned records to ensure the records are in compliance with HEDIS measures, legible and contain member identifying information, such as name and date of birth.
- May collaborate with non-clinical personnel regarding collection of medical records from physician offices for additional medical record pursuits or may collect the information themselves
- Assists HEDIS clinical lead in the coordination and preparation of the HEDIS Medical Record Review
- Other duties as assigned to improve HEDIS rates
- Ability to navigate through various EMR systems
- Must have the aptitude to learn multiple medical record documentation systems
- Strong time management and organizational skills with exceptional attention to fine details
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and recognize as well as communicate 'red flag' issues/concerns
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate thoughts, ideas and concerns.
- Excellent computer skills with advanced MS Excel and Word proficiency
- Ability to collaboratively work with internal and external contacts
- Exceptional customer service skills and ability to handle calls and sensitive issues with confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy.
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability
- Works independently with strong follow-through skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects
Required experience and education for the LVN:
- LVN - 3+ years
- 1+ year - HEDIS, strongly preferred
- 1+ year - Utilization review, Quality improvement and/or medical record site review audits desired
- 2+ years - Electronic medical record usage
- Consistent word processing speed and accuracy
- MS Office proficiency with advanced Excel skills
As a job seeker, you face the daunting challenge of finding and landing a position that truly suits your talents and your career ambitions. At Medix, we are passionate about partnering with you to match you with the jobs and companies that are right for you. Our personalized placement services provide flexibility to accommodate your schedule and needs, as we offer contract, contract-to-hire, and direct hire opportunities. We will also provide guidance and support during the interview process-if you need anything, from resume tips to information on the company you're interviewing with, your recruiter is only a phone call away. Best of all, our placement services are 100% free to you.
As a Medix contractor, you can choose to enroll in our benefits program and enjoy:
- Supplemental medical coverage
- Prescription program
- Dental coverage
- Vision coverage
- Term life Insurance plan