The Manager, Allied Health oversees an interdisciplinary team of licensed and non-licensed professional allied health staff within a program area. They work collaboratively with the medical director and nurse manager to lead excellence in patient care and clinical outcomes, while achieving program fiscal targets and adhering to regulatory requirements and best practice objectives.
Manager, Allied Health consistently demonstrates support of the RIC statement of Vision, Mission and Core Values by striving for excellence, contributing to the team efforts and showing respect and compassion for patients and their families, fellow employees, and all others with whom there is contact at or in the interest of the institute.
Manager, Allied Health demonstrates RIC Core Attributes: Communication, Accountability, Flexibility/Adaptability, Judgment/Problem Solving, Customer Service and RIC Values (Hope, Compassion, Discovery, Collaboration, & Commitment to Excellence) while fulfilling job duties.
1. Manages and leads an interdisciplinary team of licensed and non-licensed professional allied health staff including physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech language pathologists, and psychologists; coordinates and integrates prescriptive individualized therapeutic evaluation and treatment plans within the designated program.
2. Works collaboratively with the medical director and the nurse manager to lead achievement of the clinical, financial, safety, satisfaction, outcome measures, environment of care needs, access to inpatient care, adherence to regulatory requirements and best practice objectives as well as drive innovation and commitment to excellence especially in the integration of clinical and research goals for the program.
3. Works with clinical staff and inpatient schedulers to ensure inpatient therapeutic intervention is delivered with respect to identified patient therapy needs and available resources in conjunction with patient medical needs and need for routine internal or external scheduled appointments.
4. Works collaboratively with Inpatient Access / Admitting, the International Program, the Workers Comp Program, and others to facilitate access, appropriate length of stay, admissions and discharge planning to optimize access to care for patients and to realize organizational fiscal targets.
5. Develops, implements and delivers on annual budget target for designated area including recommending and initiating cost savings and revenue enhancing activities, managing human and material resource as well as capital needs.
6. Works collaboratively with RIC Outpatient and RIC Day Rehabilitation Programs to facilitate referral of all appropriate inpatients to these sites of care.
7. Ensures effective, efficient and high quality documentation in the electronic medical record of all patient care activities within program area to accurately track and report patient care and adherence to financial and regulatory targets.
8. Establishes and sustains valid and reliable measurement and tracking systems to ensure appropriate billed time / productivity expectations are achieved to ensure the provision of therapy services meets established quality and financial objectives for individual programs.
9. Responsible for managing the scheduling of staff to support patient care within program area which operates 365 days a year.
10. Attracts, develop, retains and counsels as necessary professional staff at expected levels to meet volume and quality service expectations through mentorship, continuing education, research opportunities, clinical ladder programs, practice council activities as well as working with RIC Human Resources on the implementation of recruitment and retention strategies.
11. Develops and mentors clinical program specialist role for designated program including all aspects of clinical, educational, financial, regulatory, safety, satisfaction and quality goals as well as support of the allied health manager in the absence of the manager and potential for succession planning for the allied health manager.
12. Initiates and implements quality improvements in individual, program and organizational performance utilizing RICQI and other mechanisms to facilitate resolution of quality issues and / or the promotion of new quality initiatives.
13. Drives ongoing evaluation and improvement of clinical protocols and ensures that each staff member has necessary education, training and tools to comply with these identified patient care best practices.
14. Offers potential patients / patient families, donors, prospective employees, and other visitors to the organization information and tours of the program areas to facilitate inpatient access or other opportunities which serve the organization.
15. Teaches in the RIC Academy internal and external courses as well as acts as a consultant at the RIC offsite centers and RIC Alliances as appropriate.
16. Performs other duties as the opportunities are realized.
1. Reports directly to Director, Allied Health