We currently have needs to fill for a large nursing client of ours in the Greater Louisville area.
Shifts: 3/12s all day shifts (we do have one opportunity for a night shift, if that suits you!)
Our client is an international leader in public healthcare with nearly 11,000 professionals working in 38 states across the U.S. and Australia. They provide medical and behavioral health services for nearly 250,000 patients located in state hospitals, forensic treatment and civil commitment centers, as well as local , state and federal facilities.
Working with our client offers Nurses the opportunity to have a stable schedule serving patients in great need while earning a good salary and preserving a reasonable home life. If this position sounds good and you or someone you know would like to hear more, please contact me immediately.
General Job Responsibilites
- Taking and recording patient vitals
- Administering medications under the health care practitioners orders
- Use pharmacy knowledge and available resources to include drug reaction and overdose in administration of medications.
- Answering patient questions
- Obtaining specimens and performing EKG's using proper techniques and procedures
- Count controlled substances, syringes, needles and sharps at the beginning of each shift with another staff member and sign count logs
- Attends mandatory staff meetings and training
- In case of a medical emergency the patient will get transferred to metro hospital
- Valid LPN or LVN licenses in KY
- CPR Certified
- Phlebotomy experience is a plus
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
- Must be prepared to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.