POSITION: Nurse (RN/LPN)
LOCATION: SouthWeymouth, MA
FLSA STATUS: Full Time/Part Time, Non-Exempt
SHIFTS: All shifts available
About Fairing Way:
Located in a brand new state-of-the-art senior living community, Fairing Wayoffers an exceptional environment for South Shore adults aged 55 and plus.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Nurse (RN/LPN) is accountable for the comprehensive assessment,planning, implementation and evaluation of resident care and coordination andsupervision of the nursing staff on their shift. The Nurse ensures thequality of nursing care meets the ANA Standards of Nursing Practice and isconsistent with the policies and procedures of Nursing Services.
• Mustpossess, as a minimum, a Nursing Degree from an accredited college oruniversity, or be a graduate of an approved LPN/LVN program.
• Recentexperience in medical/surgical nursing as a Staff Nurse, Head Nurse or in asupervisory position. Long-term careexperience is desirable.
• Mustpossess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as an RN or LPN/LVNin Massachusetts.
• Meetwith the nursing staff as well as support personnel in planning the shifts’services, programs and activities on a regular basis.
• Participatein facility surveys made by authorized government agencies as requested.
• Performadministrative duties such as completing forms, reports, evaluations, studies,charting, etc., as necessary.
• Collaboratewith the Clinical Supervisor in coordinating orientation and continuingeducation.
• Admit,transfer and discharge residents as necessary.
• Consultwith the resident’s physician in providing the resident’s care, treatment andrehabilitation, as necessary.
• Implementand maintain established nursing objectives and standards.
• Conductnursing rounds and assess residents who are seriously ill or have had anyspecial procedures to ensure care plans are in place and accurate and care isbeing rendered to achieve quality results.
• Makeperiodic checks to ensure that prescribed treatments are being properlyadministered by Resident Care Partners.
• Notifythe resident’s attending physician and next of kin when the resident isinvolved in an accident or incident or has a change in condition.
• Administerprofessional services such as catheterization, tube feedings, suction, applyingand changing dressings/bandages, packs, colostomy and drainage bags, givingmassages and range of motion exercises, care for the dying/dead, etc., asrequired.
• Ensurethat an adequate supply of floor stock medications, supplies and equipment ison-hand to meet the nursing needs of the residents. Report needs to the Nurse Supervisor.
• Orderprescribed medications, supplies and equipment as necessary and in accordancewith established policies.
• Inspectthe nursing service treatment areas daily to ensure that they are maintained ina clean and safe manner.
• Developand maintain an adequate unit orientation for per diem and agency staff.
• Checkhouse staffing upon arrival, making adjustments as needed to ensure adequatecoverage on all nursing units.
• Takecalls from staff who are ill or otherwise unable to report for work,documenting the time of the call and reason for absence and coordinate coverageas needed.
• Developwork assignments and/or assist in completing and performing such assignments.
• Maintainthe confidentiality of all resident care information and that nursing servicepersonnel knock before enteringthe resident’s room.
• Monitornursing care to ensure that all residents are treated fairly and with kindness,dignity and respect.
• Ensurethat all nursing service personnel are knowledgeable of the residents’responsibilities and rights including the right to refuse treatment.
• Followthe facility’s established complaint/grievance procedures.
• Reportand investigate all allegations of resident abuse and/or misappropriation ofresident property immediately to the Life Coach/Social Services and/or theAdministrator.
• Ensurethat nursing personnel honor the resident’s refusal of treatment.
• Respondto changing needs of nursing services and assume other responsibilities.
Fairing Way providesequal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants foremployment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,disability or genetics.
Fairing Way offers a comfortable workingenvironment along with competitive benefits including health, dental, vision,retirement, paid time off and other benefits.