Set your sights on a role making a real difference in the healthcare system. We're looking for a self-motivated, Outpatient Coder to join our team. We have a relentless focus on driving results for our customers and enabling them to invest more into patient care; in turn, this allows us to continue to grow our company and your career.
The Outpatient Coder will be responsible for reviewing clinical documentation and diagnostic results as appropriate (i.e., to extract data and apply appropriate ICD-10-CM and PCS /CPT-4 codes for billing, internal and external reporting, research, and regulatory compliance).
Under the direction of Health Information Management, the successful candidate must be able to accurately code outpatient conditions and procedures as documented in the ICD-10 CM Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting.
The successful candidate must have demonstrated proficiency in outpatient surgery coding (95%-100% accuracy).
Your day to day role will include:
- Assigns codes for diagnoses, treatments and procedures according to the appropriate classification system for inpatient/outpatient encounters to determine the most accurate diagnoses.
- Reviews physician assigned diagnosis code after thorough review of the medical record and, if necessary, queries physician for additional clarity in a professional manner.
- Able to accurately abstract information from the medial records into the abstract system, according to established guidelines.
- Abides by the Standards of Ethical Coding as set forth by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) and adheres to official coding guidelines.
- Report disputable findings to the Utilization Review Department for inpatient/same day surgery/observation accounts.
- Enters and validates codes, charges and other edits flagged in EPARS for review.
- Review documentation (and returned accounts) to verify and correct patient disposition upon discharge, or complete missing data elements.
- RHIT, RHIA, CCS, CCS-P, CPC, or CPC-H.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in outpatient surgery coding (95%-100% accuracy).
- 1-2 years of outpatient surgery coding experience.
- Must be able to use standard office equipment and information systems.
- Ability to interact with other employees through effective communication.
- Ability to prioritize and shift workloads to ensure departmental goals align with revenue cycle goals
Accretive Health is changing healthcare by infusing operational discipline and proprietary technology in hospital financial processes. We are an industry leader; we are the only independent organization with a comprehensive service and technology offering for hospital revenue cycle management, and we have achieved leading outcomes for our customers.
- A fast paced, growing organization that will keep you on your toes with new ideas, changes and opportunities to learn and grow in abundance.
- A customer base with domestic locations plus international operations, allowing for travel for certain roles.
- A culture of innovation, driving customer success so they can focus on improving patient care and on giving back to the community.
- A Total Rewards package including competitive compensation programs with base salary and bonus opportunity, the ability to choose from a variety of healthcare/dental/vision programs that are primarily funded by Accretive Health, work life balance with paid time off for vacations, illness and volunteering, 401k program with company match and much more!
Sound like you? Let's talk!
Accretive Health is a leading provider of revenue cycle services and Physician Advisory Services to healthcare providers. Accretive Health's mission is to help healthcare providers strengthen their financial stability so they can deliver better care at a more affordable cost to the communities they serve, increasing healthcare access for all. Accretive Health's distinctive operating model includes people, processes, and sophisticated integrated technology/analytics that help customers realize sustainable improvements in their operating margins and improve the satisfaction of their patients, physicians, and staff. Accretive Health's customers typically are multi-hospital systems, including faith-based or community healthcare systems, academic medical centers and independent ambulatory clinics, and their affiliated physician practice groups.