*NOT REMOTE, MUST WORK OUT OF THE MAIN CAMPUS*
- This position is approx. 50% coding and 50% billing
- Billing - Will work with appeals, path reports (reviewing, verifying), and credit balances
- Coding- Surgical coding experience is highly preferred, basic will be fine too.
- Dept. uses IDX, Centricity, O2, and Epic - Candidates with any of the software experience are highly preferred.
- Reviews outpatient/inpatient EHR for appropriate documentation and signatures, and reviews interface charges prior to billing.
- Reviews departmental reporting structures and requests modifications as needed, i.e. adding billing areas, providers, etc.
- Monitors CPT, ICD-10, and HCPCS code changes.
- Codes diagnosis for Primary Care/Medical/Non-Surgical accounts using ICD-10 nomenclature.
- Codes physician's procedures for Primary Care/Medical/Non-Surgical accounts using CPT codes.
- Reviews coding by physicians and suggest possible modification of codes to maximize reimbursement.
- Reviews reimbursement from third-party payers to ensure payment through proper use of codes.
- Identifies and resolves potentially troublesome service/billing areas such as continuity of care, discharge summaries, admission history and physicals and consultations.
- Communicate with nursing and ancillary services personnel for needed documentation for accurate coding.
- Provide real-time feedback to surgical/procedural providers as it pertains to proper coding and clinical documentation of services performed.
- Mentor and assists in training of other coders within the department.
- Participate in the development of coding policies and procedures as identified.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work descriptions above.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; some college preferred
- CPC, COC, CIC or CCA, CPC-A required
- Anatomy and Physiology Medical terminology Coding software familiarity
Location US-KS-Kansas City
Employment Type Full-Time
Pay Type Year
Pay Rate N/A
Store Type Health Care