- Founded in 1864 by the Sisters of St. Francis of Philadelphia, moved to current location in Towson, Maryland in 1965
- Member of Catholic Health Initiatives, a national holding company of 65 Catholic hospitals and more than 50 long term-care facilities
Today, St. Joseph Medical Center...
- Acute care, regional medical center with 374 acute and 26 transitional care beds
- Has more than 1,100 physicians on its medical staff representing more than 50 medical specialties
- Is the twenty-first largest employer in the Baltimore area, employing more than 2,700 nurses, allied healthcare professionals and others
- Embraces a mission of loving service and compassionate care for all regardless of ability to pay
A subsidiary of St. Joseph Medical Center and a member of Catholic Health Initiatives, the Foundation was founded in February 1989 by the Sisters of Saint Francis of Philadelphia and St. Joseph Medical Center Board of Directors. Through the efforts of its Board members and staff, seeks the philanthropic support of the community served by St. Joseph Medical Center. Fundraising is accomplished through planned gifts, major gifts, direct mail, special events, grants and major campaigns. To assure continued services to the Medical Center, the Foundation cultivates new and lasting relationships with prospective donors and provides stewardship to already generous donors. For information about giving a gift to St. Joseph Medical Center Foundation, please call 410-337-1397 or visit our office at St. Joseph Medical Center. All contributions are tax deductible as provided by law.