Avita Community Partners was formed by the 1993 Georgia State Legislature to serve persons experiencing the disabling effects of mental illness, developmental disabilities, and addictive diseases. Originally founded as Georgia Mountains Community Services (GMCS), Avita Community Partners seeks to promote safe, stable, and meaningful lives for citizens within a 13-county area of northeast Georgia. Our variety of services and programs are aimed at helping individuals, families, and communities minimize barriers and achieve their dreams.
At Avita Community Partners, we envision communities that act responsibly toward all citizens by providing support and comprehensive services to individuals and families in crisis. Our competent, committed, and compassionate staff believes individuals served should:
- be treated with dignity and respect
- be educated about disabilities, rights, and options
- have access and opportunity to participate in the community and be served by that community
- have access to confidential and ethical services
- have a responsibility to participate in services