To advocate for and provide supports and services to people disabled by intellectual and other developmental disabilities and to their families.
- We are an independent, community based, voluntary association of members, directors, staff and volunteers dedicated to:
- The empowerment and support of families with members who have disabilities.
- The education of the general community about the value, needs, abilities and positive social contributions of persons with disabilities.
- The transformation of negative social images of persons with disabilities into positive ones.
- The promotion of humanitarian and effective alternatives to institutionalization.
- The promotion and creation of high quality programs, services and environments for all persons with disabilities.
- The positive social value and the equitable treatment of all individuals regardless of disability.
- The full inclusion of people with disabilities into the life of their community.
- The protection and promotion of the rights and dignity of persons with disabilities.
- The empowerment of individuals with disabilities to enable them to advocate for themselves.