naviHealth, part of Optum and the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, combines the talents of our dedicated staff and leading-edge technology to deliver compassionate care to seniors nationwide. With millions of lives touched, we are innovating the way health care is delivered from hospital to home so seniors can lead more fulfilling lives. A career with us means making an impact in the lives of those we serve, including vulnerable populations who benefit from care that is more efficient, more effective and more human. Our environment empowers our team members to elevate our interactions with each other and the experiences we deliver to our patients, giving them more days at home. Join our team, it’s your chance to improve the lives of millions while doing your life’s best work.(sm)
At naviHealth, our mission is to work with extraordinarily talented people who are committed to making a positive and powerful impact on society by transforming health care. naviHealth is the result of almost two decades of dedicated visionary leaders and innovative organizations challenging the status quo for care transition solutions. We do health care differently and we are changing health care one patient at a time. naviHealth is looking to hire a senior-level software engineer with experience building mission-critical service-oriented applications. This role is a key-contributor to the organization and future technologies. Successful candidates will possess proven experience developing and delivering quality software solutions. Moreover, have a genuine passion and energy to grow within an aggressive and fun environment, using the latest technologies in alignment with the company’s technical vision and strategy.
The Healthcare Economics Analyst supports all analytical needs with respect to a portfolio of client relationships. The Analyst works both collaboratively and independently to complete complex analyses leading to actionable strategic and financial business decisions.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Identify, monitor, and analyze principle health care cost drivers, by market segment and/or by provider, including utilization, referral patterns, and reimbursement rates
- Research, analyze data, present results, and recommend intelligent solutions to solve problems and address business challenges by applying a knowledge of medical claims analysis, critical-thinking skills, and healthcare experience/expertise
- Analyze claims, membership, and prior authorization data sources to identify early signs of trends or other issues related to medical care costs and quality of care
- Structure analytical results in an organized, visual manner to tell a meaningful, actionable story
- Apply solid critical thinking skills to anticipate questions from key stakeholders and consider all aspects of an analysis before completion
- Write SQL queries, create end-user reports, and apply varying analytical techniques to solve specific business problems
- Determine credibility and usability of claims data prior to delivery of analytic results
- Exhibit initiative in exploring and discovering opportunities to improve corporate performance through data analysis.
- Ad-hoc client and market requests
- Interpret contractual language with a clear understanding of business rules and reporting requirements
- Establish trusting professional relationships with internal senior business customers
- Maintain alignment of expectations and priorities in autonomous fashion
- Display and interpret data using visualization tools
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required, assigned, or requested
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, or a related field
- 2+ years of experience or proven ability working as an analyst in the healthcare industry with medical claims, membership, and provider data
- Experience with Structured Query Language (SQL) required
- Proven experience working with claims data sets
- Experience in data mining working with large data repositories and/or relational databases
- Expertise in MS Excel, with proficiency using formulas, PivotTables, linked worksheets, graphing and other reporting and presentation features
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision
- Experience with applicable datasets include census and member eligibility datasets
- Knowledge of HIPAA compliance and security requirements as it relates to healthcare data
- Advanced analytic skills with the ability to summarize data into actionable reports and dashboards to help support business decisions and resolve issues
- Ability to analyze and interpret medical claims data through complex analysis that leads to strategic business decisions
- Ability to troubleshoot technical and functional problems
- Organization and project management skills
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Highly self-motivated and directed with keen attention to detail
- Show flexibility in delivering against assigned tasks
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and quickly adapt to changes in both technology and business environments
Being a pioneer in post-acute management and care transitions with 19 years of experience, naviHealth is uniquely positioned to manage patients, improve clinical and financial outcomes, and share risk with payors and providers. We provide clinical service support alongside proprietary technology and advisory solutions that empower health systems, health plans and post-acute providers to navigate care episodes across the continuum, with the goal of reducing waste and improving patient outcomes.
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $54,400 to $97,000. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada/New York City residents is $60,000 to $106,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.