You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Patient Care Assistant
St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured; educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a patient's ability to pay for health care.
The Patient Care Assistant is responsible for providing patient care. The Patient Care Assistant participates in data collection, planning and implementation of patient care.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs the following tasks as assigned:
- Vital signs
- Intake and output measurements
- Specimen collection
- Documentation for all assigned responsibilities
- Follows treatment plan as directed by licensed personnel.
- Performs necessary functions to ensure patient comfort and satisfaction with service
- Performs patient mobilization using appropriate and proper body mechanics and assistive device
- Accepts responsibility for providing safe, appropriate, quality patient care
- Communicates changes in patients’ conditions and unit concerns with the unit based team
- Restocks unit supplies as needed
- Performs equipment checks and unit specific maintenance duties as appropriate to unit
- Takes active role in unit based performance improvement.
- Maintains awareness of unit budget
- Maintains responsibility for own professional development through active participation in in-services and/or continuing education programs as well as timely completion of competencies
- Assists in orienting and educating new staff
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
Sit up to 7 hours per day; 1 hour at a time. Stand for up to 10 hours per day; 8 hours at a time. Walk 6 hours per day; 10 minutes at a time. Consistently lift, carry and push objects up to 10 lbs. Occasionally lift, carry and push objects up to 75 lbs. Transport patients weighing up to 400 lbs. via wheelchair, bed and/or stretcher. Frequently stoop and bend. Frequently reach above should level. Must be able to perceive attributes of an object through touch. Must be able to hear as it relates to normal conversation, and high and low frequencies. Must be able to see as it relates to general, near, far, color and peripheral vision.
High School diploma or equivalent required. Health care specialty training preferred.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Individualized orientation program for all areas. Obtain BLS certification within sixty (60) days of employment or transfer to position. Basic computer skills required. Attend St. Luke’s University Health Network APC and MT courses or evidence of previous training determined through competency testing.
Please complete your application using your full legal name and current home address. Be sure to include employment history for the past seven (7) years, including your present employer. Additionally, you are encouraged to upload a current resume, including all work history, education, and/or certifications and licenses, if applicable. It is highly recommended that you create a profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application. Thank you for your interest in St. Luke's!!
[ Link removed ] [ Link removed ]
- Basic Life Support
- Data Collection
- Financial Management
- Health Care
- Mechanical Engineering
Help us improve by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 3-151177
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.