The Physician Assistant, Nurse Practitioner (PA, NP) shall be committed to contributing to the mission of the Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation (YKHC), Working together to Achieve Excellent Health."
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work will include potentially hazardous air travel and working in some villages with scant accommodations and no running water. May be exposed to infectious diseases. Subject to exposure to blood and body fluids. Work involves frequent exposure to unpleasant working conditions or undesirable elements; may involve exposure to a variety of potentially hazardous or harmful elements that require exercise of well-defined precautions for protection from injury or illness. May be subject to many interruptions. May receive multiple calls and inquiries.
Hooper Bay, AK
- PA/NP must have completed an approved Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant Training Program and received and maintained certification.
- Two years minimum suggested experience level.
- Must have experience with reading radiographs and dispensing medication.
- Must have Alaska License and DEA license.
- Be current on CME requirements.
- Must have the computer skills needed to access computerized medical records.
- Needs the skills and knowledge to practice medicine in the area of their specialty. Ability to supervise and mentor NP, PA students and oversee community Health Aide clinical practice.
- Generous PTO – beginning at 4.5 weeks
- Ten paid holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- School loan repayment eligibility
- Tort Claims coverage
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness Center
- $30,000 Sign On comes with 3 year committment
For more information, please contact YKHC Recruitment at:
YKHC exercises Federal Law (PL 93-638), which allows American Indian/Alaska Native preference in hiring for all positions.
Working Together to Achieve Excellent Health
- Certified Nurse Practitioner
- Clinical Practices
- Community Health
- Medical Records
- Nurse Practitioner