The Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation (YKHC) is located in the Southwestern Alaska town of Bethel, with a total of approximately 6,000 people. YKHC supports 1500 employees, providing the health services to a primarily Yup'ik Eskimo Native population for an area the size of Oregon. Services are provided through a Bethel located hospital and 50 clinics throughout the YK Delta.
Provide clinical dental services within the priorities of the YKHC Dental Department, specifically for infants, children and adolescents or consultation, and assist in dental prevention and dental health education efforts in Bethel, the Sub Regional Clinics and surrounding villages.
- Minimum Education: DDS or DMD degree from a dental school accredited by the commission of Dental Accreditation of the ADA and a Pediatric Dental Residency.
- Minimum Experience: Dental public health background, and cross cultural experience preferred. Time in Bethel may be required before dentist is stationed in the Sub Regional Clinics.
- License, Certification, Registration: Current license to practice dentistry in the State of Alaska. Credentials necessary for appointment to the Medical and Dental Staff of the YKDR Hospital.
- Equipment/Tools/Word-Aids: Dental equipment and instruments
- Specialize Knowledge and Skills: Pediatric Dentistry. Ability to follow infection control guidelines, diagnose and treat dental problems, and follow established protocol.
- Supervisory Skills: Ability to supervise dental assistants’ chair side work and Dental Externs.
- Generous PTO – beginning at 4.5 weeks
- Ten paid holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Student loan repayment eligibility
- Tort Claims coverage
- Retirement plans
- Sign on bonus
- Retention Bonus
- Relocation Assistance
- Employee Wellness Center
YKHC applies Alaska Native/American Indian (under PL 93-638), EEO, and Veteran Preferences. Under federal and state laws, YKHC performs criminal history and background checks to ensure customers are protected.
Working Together to Achieve Excellent Health
For more information, please contact YKHC Recruitment at: [ Email address blocked ] - URL blocked - click to apply
- Clinical Works
- Infection Control
- Public Health