Community Memorial Health System is a community-owned, not-for-profit organization that consists of two hospitals and 15+ community clinics including family-practice, urgent care, our residency program, and several specialties within Ventura County. We are fully accredited by Det Norske Veritas (DNV), licensed by the California Department of Public Health and ISO 9001:2015 certified.
Located close to the beach, just 60 miles north of Los Angeles, is Community Memorial Hospital. Our 242-bed, acute care facility, is committed to providing quality patient care in an environment that promotes clinical excellence and innovative leadership.
Ojai Valley Community Hospital, an affiliate of Community Memorial Hospital is a 25-bed general acute care facility designated as a Critical Access Hospital with a distinct part 66 bed skilled nursing facility. OVCH provides inpatient, outpatient, and skilled nursing services for mostly primary and secondary care needs. In addition, we operate a 24-hour standby emergency department.
CMHS offers some of the best benefits in the industry, along with great career choices, training, and leadership development. At our facility, our employees share their enthusiasm for life as well as for helping others. As you balance your work life with your other passions, we're there for you every step of the way.
CMHS offers excellent benefits, such as Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and AD&D insurance. We also offer a comprehensive 403(b) retirement plan, flexible spending accounts, paid time off, and a variety of other great benefits.
If you are interested in joining teams that meld quality care and compassion to create an environment of excellence, please take a moment to discover more about what it's like to work at Community Memorial Health System.
'We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer'Responsibilities
- Assist in the preparation of consolidated financial statements, including inter-company transactions for both non-profit and for-profit entities
- Responsible for non-profit entity transactions and reconciliations
- Assume responsibility for corporate for-profit entities to include monthly financial statement preparation and journal entries, owners' distributions, partner communications and receivable collections
- Assist departments with budgetary issues and provide explanations to budget variances in a complete and accurate manner
- Independently analyze complex transactions and provide recommendations for accounting treatment and processes
- Explain key analytical findings through clear written and oral communications
- Assist with the coordination and support of various audits and special projects as may be assigned
- Participate in various corporate cross-functional teams
- Evaluate and improve accounting systems and processes
- Bachelor's Degree with major in Accounting, Finance, Business/Business Administration
- CPA or CMA License
- Five (5) years of experience in a business office setting with emphasis on general accounting, financial analysis and report preparation
- Thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Previous experience in a health care environment
- Previous experience in public accounting
- Microsoft Access and advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- MBA degree