Envision Healthcare is a multispecialty physician group and practice management company. Established in 1953, our organization provides anesthesia, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology, primary/urgent care, surgical services, and women’s and children’s health services to hospitals and health systems nationwide. Sheridan Healthcare, EmCare, Reimbursement Technologies and Emergency Medical Associates have recently joined forces to form Envision Healthcare. As one organization, we now provide a greater scope of service than any other national physician group. Our collective experience from hundreds of local, customized engagements, culture of continuous lean process improvement, and team of experts in the business of healthcare enable us to better solve complex problems and consistently give healthcare organizations confidence in our execution. Our combined organization serves more than 780 healthcare facilities in 48 states and the District of Columbia.
If you are looking for a stable, fast-paced, growing Company in the healthcare industry that is committed to innovation, excellence and integrity, then this may be a great next step in the advancement of your career.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Associate General Counsel, Regulatory Affairs. The ideal candidate is the lead attorney for the regulatory practice group and serves as the subject matter expert, educational resource, and strategic advisor to Envision business leaders and colleagues on all aspects of regulatory compliance.
*This role has the option to be fully remote*
- Promotes and maintains a culture of compliance and services as a resource on complex issues, operational goals, and regulatory matters.
- Acts as a strategic advisor to the business on a variety of state and federal laws, regulations and standards.
- Advises on investigations, regulatory submissions, and other documentation in coordination with the Compliance Department.
- Researches, monitors and advises on changes and trends in federal/state healthcare laws, regulations and programs impacting the organization.
- Facilitates compliance with regulatory and industry changes by working collaboratively with the affected business areas to develop impactful and compliant solutions.
- Develops a communications plan when appropriate to ensure new requirements are appropriately communicated to the impacted business areas.
- Actively engages with, facilitates and maintains relationships on policy issues with regulatory agencies and government officials.
- Serves as member of the General Counsel’s senior leadership team and participates in strategic planning for the Legal Department.
- Manages the Regulatory practice group (including budget accountability) for the Legal Department.
- Reads and abides by the company’s code of conduct, ethics statements, employee handbook(s), policies and procedures and other corporate mandates, including participation in mandatory training programs
- Reports any real or suspected violation of the corporate compliance program, company policies and procedures, harassment or other prohibited activities in accordance with the reporting policies of the company
- Obtains clarification of policy whenever necessary and may use the resources available through the Compliance, Human Resources or Legal Department to do so.
- Responsible for adhering to Information Security Policies and ensuring Envision is as secure as possible.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Licensed attorney holding a J.D. from a top-tier law school with a minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in the field of healthcare law with established expertise in healthcare regulatory matters. A combination of law firm and in-house experience preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in a firm or large healthcare organization, including budget responsibilities.
- Subject matter expertise on major federal healthcare laws and regulations (and their state law equivalents) including, but not limited to: Stark law, Anti-Kickback Statute, Civil Monetary Penalties Law, HIPAA, ACA, MACRA.
- Strong working knowledge on billing and coding issues as well as laws and regulations applicable to telehealth / virtual health.
- Experience advising on issues related to physician compensation and FMV analyses.
- Experience partnering with a Compliance department on regulatory matters, policy development, audits, risk assessments, and responding to government agency inquiries.
- Experience providing advice to senior business leaders.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees, including executive leadership.
- Excellent written communication and drafting skills.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Ability to prioritize and manage competing demands.
- Ability to thrive in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- A spirit of continuous learning.
- Openness to feedback and desire for professional growth.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of:
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Legal Research Tools (i.e. LexisNexis)
- Matter Management/eBilling Software
Certificates and Licenses (if applicable)
- Licensed to practice law and in good standing in at least one U.S. state
If you are ready to join an exciting, progressive company and have a strong work ethic, join our team of experts! We offer a highly competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
Envision Healthcare uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Envision Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.