Odle Management - A subsidiary of Eckerd Connects
Reports to the Academic Manager and is a salaried, exempt position. Performs as an instructor in a regular classroom setting, presenting instructions in designated subject area. Demonstrates on-going commitment to preparing young people for the workforce by modeling, mentoring, and monitoring excellence in the eight Career Success Standards of: workplace relations and ethics; information management; communications; multicultural awareness; personal growth and development; career and personal planning; interpersonal skills and independent living.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes a positive and desirable atmosphere within the classroom setting to insure maximum student motivation.
- Maintains a high degree of discipline within the classroom setting in order to insure maximum learning.
- Establishes a high degree of student/instructor rapport.
- Utilizes all possible curriculum resources available.
- Responsible for adequate classroom preparation.
- Maintains student personnel folders.
- Records and forwards daily attendance to the Student Records area.
- Assists in the completion of all necessary Job Corps forms.
- Responsible for building and equipment in seeing that security measures are taken, and equipment and supplies are cared for.
- Accountable for the cleanliness of classrooms.
- Prepares reports such as student/staff hours, requisitions, and monthly student evaluations.
- Assists Supervisor during scheduled inventory.
- Attends required staff training sessions.
- Adheres to all aspects of Quality Assurance Plan.
- Clearly communicates and consistently models appropriate CSS and employability skills including personal responsibility and computer fluency.
- Maintains accountability of staff, students, and property, adheres to safety practices in all areas of responsibility.
- Cultivates and maintains a climate on center that is free of harassment, intimidation, and disrespect to provide a safe place for staff and students to work and learn.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by a person in this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties that may be performed in such a position.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Education.
- State certification is required. Certification may be waived by Regional Office if center is unable to hire certified teachers. Must pursue certification.
- Prefer one year in a teaching capacity with disadvantaged youth.
- Valid State driver’s license in the state of employment with acceptable driving record.
Additional Requirements: Knowledge of required subject area. Excellent organizational skills. Ability to obtain and maintain CPR/First Aid Certification. Ability to motivate and inspire students and effectively relate to trainee population. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Position requires an ability to operate household appliances and drive an automobile. In addition, individual must be able to interact with team members and maintain an effective working relationship with all facility staff and departments.
Working Conditions: This position involves frequent standing, walking, bending, squatting, and kneeling. Occasionally, position involves sitting, stooping, carrying, and lifting up to 50 pounds. Applicant must be able to see, hear, and speak.
Environmental Demands: Position requires ability to spend 5% of work time outside and 95% of work time indoors; ability to withstand moderate noise levels, including voice levels 90% of work time; ability to work in high temperature settings during the summer months; and ability to work in low temperature settings in winter months.
Odle Management considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, age, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Odle Management is a drug-free workplace and utilizes E-verify to confirm employment eligibility.