At Ascension Living, our vision is to provide high-quality, compassionate, personalized care with dignity, especially to those in our communities who are most in need. This guiding vision is the cornerstone of who we are as a company: national, nonprofit and senior-focused.
This position shall manage staff; develop and adhere to organizational, operational, and financial objectives; maintain legal and accreditation compliance; improve quality results, and sustain community involvement. The administrator functions as the licensed administrator to meet regulatory intent. This position will be located at Alexian Village of Milwaukee.
- Responsible for the overall operation by planning, implementing, managing, and adhering to established financial and residence goals.
- Implement established resident care policies, personnel policies, and other operational policies and procedures necessary to remain in compliance with required laws, regulations, and guidelines.
- Directs the Director of Clinical Services (DCS) to evaluate and assess resident care; monitoring resident care for both social and functional status. Recognizing functional limitations and directs the staff in developing health service plans, which address on-going assistance with nursing care and activities of daily living.
- Perform the selection, development, management, and supervision of associates to meet the needs of residents and the community. Continuously reviews productivity and efficiency of staff, recommends educational opportunities and provides training to associates to enhance their performance.
- Develop and maintain sound financial objectives by forecasting, budgeting, and aligning monetary resources; and minimizing the impact of variances.
- Ensure that adequate staff is employed to meet resident needs.
- Ensure that the community admits only those residents for whom it can provide adequate care.
- Evaluate and implement recommendations from community committees (i.e. Quality Assessment and Assurance, Safety, etc.).
- Assure the public information describing services is accurate, fully descriptive, and is readily available upon request.
- Develop cooperative relationships with the business community.
- Resolve any conflicts or concerns regarding residents, operations, marketing, and /or staff issues.
- Responsible for maintaining and reporting operational data and financial expenditures to supervisor, governing board, medical director, and other professional and supervisory staff.
- Will assume direct responsibility for all daily functions of the residence within limitations of certification and/or licensure as need arises.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Coaches and provides career development to staff.
- Coordinates with Human Resources for appropriate staffing levels.
- Establishes employee goals and conduct employee performance reviews.
- Responsible for staff scheduling to include: work assignments, employee training, time off, breaks and overtime assignments.
- Schedules and conducts department meetings.
- Supervises staff in accordance with Ascension Living policies and procedures.
- Challenges community leadership teams to be creative and fluid in systems and programming development.