Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor Epic’s EMR application and Caché database and respond to alerts.
- Perform Caché database maintenance tasks according to Epic’s documented best practices and established procedures including proactively expanding datasets, Caché database upgrades, environment copies (refreshes), Epic software Special Updates (SU), shadowing configuration, fail-over and disaster recovery procedures
- Assess the Caché database growth metrics, and plan for database growth.
- Be actively involved in implementing/testing disaster recovery (DR) process for Caché databases.
- Perform Epic System Updates (SUs) as required
- Regularly test the validity of database backups by performing test recovery.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively with technical and non-technical members of the Epic team.
- Participate in required change management process.
- Participation in on-call rotation which includes carrying and responding to a pager 7x24 during the on-call period.
- Be willing to travel to Epic’s corporate headquarters for the necessary Caché database training.
- Participate in other duties as required.
Administrator Senior Database Epic
Baptist Technology Services