Envision Physician Services is a multispecialty physician group and practice management company. Established in 1953, our organization provides anesthesia, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology, primary/urgent care, surgical services, and women’s and children’s health services to hospitals and health systems nationwide. Sheridan Healthcare, EmCare, Reimbursement Technologies and Emergency Medical Associates have recently joined forces to form Envision Physician Services. As one organization, we now provide a greater scope of service than any other national physician group. Our collective experience from hundreds of local, customized engagements, culture of continuous lean process improvement, and team of experts in the business of healthcare enable us to better solve complex problems and consistently give healthcare organizations confidence in our execution. Our combined organization serves more than 780 healthcare facilities in 48 states and the District of Columbia.
If you are looking for a stable, fast-paced, growing company in the healthcare industry that is committed to innovation, excellence and integrity, then this may be a great next step in the advancement of your career.
As the Documentation Educator you are responsible for educating clinicians by review of key performance indicators as well as collaborating with compliance, quality and revenue cycle team members on documentation best practices to accurately depict patient care.
This position is a work from home position.
- Engages daily with clinicians on accurate documentation practices for concurrent and continuous documentation improvement.
- Collaboration with the Envision Center of Excellence in the development of educational content that assures consistent representation of Regulatory, Company, and Payor guidelines.
- Perform ongoing outreach education for newly onboarded and existing clinicians on coding and documentation requirements using a variety of formats, including onsite, classroom, telephonic, electronic, and web-based applications.
- Advise and educate internal operations teams on documentation coding by participating in monthly clinician group sessions at local or regional level; lead both group and individual training sessions with clinicians at assigned sites.
- Analysis of key performance indicators and chart reviews for development and delivery of customized clinician training initiatives as required based upon evaluation of performance metrics and chart review findings.
- Monthly distribution of standardized, site-specific and group performance reporting packages that reflect current trends and areas of focus.
- Documentation, monitoring and tracking of all clinician outreach and training activities.
- Engagement with coding and billing teams to identify trends and develop strategies for resolution as appropriate.
- Act as a conduit with the clinician team to disseminate information regarding changes or updates in policies and payor rule changes.
- Participation in company-wide initiatives related to clinical documentation improvement.
- Performs miscellaneous other job-related duties as assigned.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality of daily activities whether it is in regard to a person, individual and/or a strategic initiative. Confidentiality must be maintained on any and all documents and/or information processed.
- Responsible for adhering to Information Security Policies and ensuring Envision is as secure as possible.
Support and Abide by the Values of the Company
- Excellence – Going above and beyond to deliver the highest quality care and experience to our patients and teammates
- Collaboration – Being inclusive and supportive of one another to deliver improved outcomes to our patients and teammates
- Ethical Responsibility – Acting with the utmost integrity and doing the right thing, even when nobody is watching
- Engagement – Promote an environment where clinicians and teammates thrive, feel passion and joy for what they do, take care of each other, and are proud of who we are and what we do.
- High School or GED required. Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work-related experience.
- Experience in either or both of the following services:
- Pain Management
- 3-5 years’ experience in Hospital or Physician practice environment desired with a proven track record of engaging providers in documentation improvement.
- 3-5 years’ experience with Anesthesia and/or CPT procedural coding and auditing.
- Envision recognizes Covid travel restrictions; however, when these restrictions are lifted travel may be up to 75%. (This would include day trips with possible overnights when necessary)
- EHR/EMR (Electronic Health Record/Electronic Medical Record) experience required.
- Strong presentation skills with demonstrated experience in leading provider education workshops along with the ability to effectively communicate with physicians, nursing staff, and hospital administration.
- RHIA, CDI, CPC, COC, CCS, CCS-P, CANPC (or other appropriate coding credential) required or must be obtained within one year of employment.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite with proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Understanding of medical records operations is required.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and prioritize tasks to meet the needs of the business.
To be considered, candidates must submit verifiable prior employment for the past seven years including title, and dates of hire and will be subject to a criminal background check. Education is also verified.
If you are ready to join an exciting, progressive company and have a strong work ethic, join our team of experts! We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
Envision Physician Services uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Envision Physician Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.