The Arc of South Norfolk is committed to providing exceptional supports to people with developmental disabilities, including autism, through collaboration, advocacy and empowerment.
We offer a supportive and fun work environment. Here’s what our Autism Support Coordinator says about what they love about being an Autism Support Coordinator here at The Arc of South Norfolk:
What do I love about my Autism Support Coordinator job?
● Ability to work a flexible schedule
● We have a great team environment
● I have the opportunity to create recreational programs & activities
● We are seeking an Autism Support Coordinator to plan, coordinate and deliver services to families affiliated with the DDS Autism Division Waiver Program and the Family Autism Center.
● Will travel to and from family’s homes. Will facilitate the development of the individual's person-centered Autism Support Plan and Plan of Care, including entering and maintaining data in the designated consumer database.
● Meet with families on a monthly basis face-to-face to ensure that the ASP is meeting the needs of the family. Help monitor and assist them with revisions to the Budget, Autism Support Plan and Plan of Care.
● Report any incidents that occur in the family home during the time when Autism Waiver Services are being provided using the designated incident management reporting system.
● Facilitate team meetings with those involved in the child’s behavioral plan every three months. The team should include the Autism Division’s Clinical Manager, the family, the provider of the behavioral services and when possible the representative from the child’s school who is responsible for the child’s IEP.
● Assist family in hiring, scheduling and paying support workers, respite care and good & services.
● Assist the Director and staff of the Family Autism Center in the planning, development, coordination, management of services and support to families. These include, but are not limited to, social & recreation activities, informational resources, parent trainings, workshops and family events.
● Work occasional evenings, weekends and/or holidays on an as-needed basis.
We also offer an outstanding benefits package!
Autism Support Coordinator Benefits:
● Exceptional health and dental insurance plan
● Vision insurance
● 403(b) retirement plan with company match
● 4 weeks of paid time off annually
● 11 paid holidays annually
● Tuition Reimbursement Program
● Health Reimbursement
● Flexible Spending Account
● Company paid Life Insurance
● Various voluntary benefits through Colonial Life - (Short Term Disability, Additional Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, etc.)
● Need to reduce your student loan debt? The Arc is a qualified employer under the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)program, which means that you may be able to have a portion of your federal student loans forgiven after meeting certain eligibility requirements of the PSLF program.
For more information about The Arc of South Norfolk or about the Autism Support Coordinator position, please visit our website at www.arcsouthnorfolk.org.