BH Case Mgr I/Counsellor
BCforward is currently seeking highly motivated BH Case Mgr I for an opportunity in New York, NY 10005
Job Title: BH Case Mgr I
Location: New York, NY 10005
Duration: 6 months Contract to Hire
The above in respect to work from home may change as now the position as based at home as related to the pandemic. This may change, Must be in/around NYC as office will be in NYC once opened. Until then, position will be completely remote.
Please note: The BH Case Mgr (CM) job progression is primarily member facing and involves complete clinical assessment. Whereas the BH Care Manager (UM) job progression is primarily a provider facing role although it does involve some member facing activities such as collecting information and using clinical knowledge and expertise to ensure our members are directed to the appropriate level of care.
Responsible for performing telephonic case management within the scope of licensure for members with behavioral health and substance abuse or substance abuse disorder needs.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Uses appropriate screening criteria, knowledge and clinical judgment to assess member needs. Conducts assessments to identify individual needs and develops care plan to address objectives and goals as identified during assessment.
- Monitors and evaluates effectiveness of care plan and modifies plan as needed.
- Supports member access to appropriate quality and cost effective care.
- Coordinates with internal and external resources to meet identified needs of the members and collaborates with providers.
Requires MS or MA in social work, counselling, nursing or a related behavioral health field;
- 3 years clinical experience in social work, counseling with broad range of experience with complex psychiatric and substance abuse or substance abuse disorder treatment; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Current active unrestricted license as an RN, LCSW (as applicable by state law and scope of practice), LMHC, LPC (as allowed by applicable state laws), LMFT, or Clinical Psychologist to practice as a health professional within the scope of licensure in applicable states or territory of the United States required.
- Experience in case management and telephonic coaching with members with a broad range of complex psychiatric/substance abuse and/or medical disorders preferred. For Government business only, LAPC, LAMFT, LMSW (as allowed by applicable state laws) is also acceptable in addition to other licensure referenced above; and any other state or federal requirements that may apply.
In this role, the individual must be able to complete member focused assessment, be able to work with individuals to address social determinants of health and have good active listening and engagement skills. Individuals must also have good IT skills and be familiar with Microsoft products, such as Outlook and Excel. Typing skills must be very good. Previous experience in managed care organizations is helpful. Diverse background (outpatient, and additional experience to make up a strong portfolio of experience). BH experience is required.
BCforward began as an IT business solution and staffing firm. Founded in 1998, BCforward has grown with our customers' needs into a full-service personnel solution's organization. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, BCforward also operates numerous delivery centers across North America and India. We are currently the largest consulting firm and largest MBE certified firm in Indiana. Our uninterrupted growth has allowed BCforward to deliver uniquely configured IT staffing and project solutions for over the years of catering to our customers' specific needs. BCforward currently maintains a team of over 5000 global resources. With our additional brand, Stafforward, together we have the capabilities to deliver services for a variety of industries in both public and private sectors which allows us to address your most challenging needs.
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 120609 when responding to this ad.