Maria Parham Health
Provides emergency psychiatric and substance abuse assessment, diagnosis, and crisis intervention to patients/families identified by the Emergency Department or Medical floor as having psychiatric and/or substance abuse consultation needs. This may include referral and placement at inpatient facilities or outpatient discharge planning with patients/families. Provides a comprehensive first evaluation for patients in the involuntary commitment process. This position may include the use of telemedicine equipment in order to provide these services to other LifePoint facilities. Participates in a multidisciplinary team in conjunction with the Inpatient Behavioral Health Unit as needed. Responsibilities in this role may include: group therapy; completing Psychosocial Assessments; facilitating individual and /or family therapies; developing, implementing and reviewing treatment plan; case management discharge planning.
Masters Degree in Social Work is required
Licensed Clinical Social Worker or Licensed Clinical Social Worker Associate.
State Boards: 1st Evaluation credentialed or obtain within 6 months of accepting position.
Must complete BLS upon 90 days of hire and Handle with Care within 6 months of employment.
Minimum Work Experience
Minimum 3 years experience providing care in mental health and/or substance abuse field.
1. Experience providing crisis services
2. Experience working in the Emergency Department
3. Experience working on an inpatient Behavioral Health Unit
4. Experience using Telemedicine equipment for assessment
5. Knowledge of Recovery and Wellness PhilosophyLifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans’ status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.