Your passion is in what you do, the care you provide, and the dedication with which you serve. It is the same commitment with which our people live their lives, and in turn, share their culture.
With Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation in Bethel, Alaska, you’ll serve the over 50 rural communities in the Yukon Delta Region who come to us for care. You’ll grow your skills and expertise in a clinically challenging environment, and experience a community environment within a community that will embrace you as one of their own.
Serving the people of Southwestern Alaska, the Yukon-Kuskokwim Hospital is a 50-bed general acute care medical facility. Fully accredited by The Joint Commission, services include adult med/surg, pediatrics, obstetrics, emergency room, as well as outpatient family medicine clinics, pharmacy, lab, and imaging.
Under the supervision of a licensed clinician, provides a variety of village-based substance use assessments, crisis stabilization, case management, screenings, and rehabilitation services consistent with their education, training and experience.
- Minimum Education: High school or GED equivalent. Must commit to advancing through a certification program.
- Minimum Experience: Two (2) years experience in the field of Community Services, may be volunteer work if documented. Demonstrates mature judgment, must have the ability to communicate, retrieve and present data and information both verbally, written and electronic. Must be flexible with work schedule and possess the ability for independent actions within prescribed limits.
- License, Certifications, Registration: May develop with supervisor a plan to obtain Substance Abuse Counselor certification. Must partner with supervisor to advance to BHA-I certification. Must satisfactorily complete a minimum of 180 hours toward a specialized BHA-I training program and a 100 hour clinical practicum under the direct supervision of a licensed clinician.
- Equipment/Tools: Must have computer skills. Must have good telephone etiquette. Good verbal and written communication skills. Bilingual Yup’ik/English/Regional preferred.
- Specialized Knowledge and Skills: Knowledge of communication skills plus motivation sufficient for learning in behavioral health counseling field. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to learn counseling skills through in-service training. Ability to effectively present information. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Generous PTO – beginning at 4.5 weeks
- Ten paid holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness Center
Yukon Kuskokwim Health Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and any other basis protected by law. Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly.
Preference is given to Alaska Native/American Indian applicants according to the provisions of P.L. 93-638.
Working Together to Achieve Excellent Health
For more information, please contact YKHC Recruitment at: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or 1-907-543-6060 and ask to speak with a recruiter. If you would like more information about our organization and positions available please visit our website at www.ykhc.org .