Provides support including but not limited to coordination of traditional healing activities in communities served by the YKHC’s MSPI/Suicide Prevention and Family Spirit program gatherings, organize and coordinating gatherings for the promotion of traditional healing and promotion of healthy living. Coordination including preparation, facilitators, elders, travel, reporting and other necessary activities required for each gathering in communities, facilitating traditional healing activities.
- Minimum Education:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s Degree in human services/health related field preferred.
- Minimum Experience:
- (5) Five years experience in the field of behavioral health or similar community service, with at least two years experience with adults with severe and persistent mental illness preferred.
- Up to four years can be substituted for bachelor’s degree.
- Other professional/responsible work experience may be substituted on a case by case basis.
- License, Certification, Registration:
- Valid Alaska Driver’s License and ability to be insured under corporate policy.
- Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Basic counseling skills and knowledge of Healthy Families,
- Traditional Yup’ik Healing.
- Good verbal and writing communication skills.
- Bilingual Yup’ik/English required.
- Generous PTO – beginning at 4.5 weeks
- Ten paid holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness Center