Conduct behavioral health evaluations of individuals who suffer mental disturbances or present with a wide range of emotional disturbances. Initiates the provision of services depending on the outcome of the evaluation. The counselor would also provide case management services, referral, and advocacy, as recommended in the assessment.
- Master’s degree in social work, psychology or nursing with specialty in substance abuse and mental health.
- If in recovery prefer three (3) years sobriety.
- Substance Abuse certification preferred.
- Have completed clinical practicum as part of master level degree.
- Alaska Drivers License and provide a copy of current driving record.
- Must provide a criminal record background.
- Appropriate State of Alaska independent clinical licensure preferred and must be able to obtain it within 2 years of hire.
- Must have basic computer knowledge, and standard office equipment usage skills.
- LPC or LCSW preferred
- Dual certification as a substance abuse counselor highly preferred.
- Advanced written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in clinical assessment skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with, evaluate competencies, and develop training plans for staff with various levels of education.
- Responsible for ensuring that program policies, procedures, applicable state and national accreditation standards are met.
- Ensures the treatment program makes necessary changes and updates to reflect current treatment philosophies and needs of the clients served.
- Have knowledge and practice of Co-occurring disorders, Systems of Care, Wraparound service delivery.
- Clinical Supervision in relation to treatment plans and case reviews.
- Generous PTO – beginning at 4.5 weeks
- Ten paid holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness Center