The purpose of this clinical position is to conduct consultations to individuals experiencing a variety of emotional, mental, or behavioral disturbances upon request from a medical professional in the acute care clinics of the YKDRH. The clinician will provide brief evaluations to reduce the impact of symptoms and/or coordinate a referral to other appropriate service providers within 3 contacts.
To perform this successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, or Nursing with a specialty in Mental Health.
- Two (2) years supervised experience providing various behavioral health direct services performed at a satisfactory level
- Experience in a cross-cultural setting, preferably with Native American cultures
- Alaska Drivers License and provide a copy of current driving record.
- Must provide a criminal record background.
- State of Alaska License Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) preferred
- Must have basic computer knowledge, and standard office equipment usage skills.
- Advanced written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in clinical assessment skills.
- Generous PTO – beginning at 4.5 weeks
- Ten paid holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness Center