Who is Comprehensive Healthcare?
Comprehensive Healthcare provides innovative behavioral health and integrated healthcare services to clients of all ages. We take pride in our creative and collaborative work environment and in delivering clinically excellent, trauma-informed, recovery-oriented services.
What are we looking for in a Behavioral Health Specialist?
As part of the Corrections and Diversion teams, this position works with local law enforcement to identify individuals whose mental health or substance use disorders have contributed to their reason for police contact. Instead of the individual being arrested, the Behavioral Health Specialist advocates for the individual to be referred to appropriate mental health or substance use treatment programs or facilities. This position requires coordinating with other Diversion programs (such as pre-trial or mental health court), jail mental health services, intensive community support programs, and other Comprehensive and community services to ensure continuity of treatment. This position requires excellent interpersonal skills and the desire to work with those in the legal system in order to help them obtain services that will ultimately reduce future legal contact. This position has a regular work schedule of Monday - Friday, 7am-3:30pm.
Behavioral Health Specialist duties may include:
- identifying and referring individuals for appropriate treatment
- coordinating with jail services, crisis services, Comprehensive Healthcare programs, and other community providers to ensure continuity of care
- advocating for community treatment for incarcerated individuals
- acting as liaison between corrections, judicial, and treatment services
- assessing clients for safety and risk to self or others, and taking appropriate crisis intervention measures when indicated
- assisting in treatment planning with clients and treatment teams
- Master’s degree in social work, psychology, counseling, or related field
What Comprehensive Healthcare Can Offer You
Training and Development
- A variety of career opportunities in a wide range of settings with room for mobility and promotion
- Regular training opportunities including support, supervision, and consultation in implementing evidence-based services and programs
Innovative Program & Services
- A strong reputation for providing quality, evidence-based services within a collaborative multi-disciplinary team environment
- Innovative, forward-looking leadership that seeks to thrive in an ever-changing healthcare environment
- Joint Commission-accredited organization committed to continuous quality improvement
- Established partnerships with major research universities and other community and healthcare providers to implement cutting-edge treatment programs and services
- Competitive salaries within our communities and industry
- Healthcare coverage for employee and qualified family members
- Generous vacation, paid holiday and sick leave policies
- Access to Employee Assistance Program services
- Agency-funded retirement plan with contributions equal to 5% of compensation
- Additional retirement investment opportunities with a 50% investment match of up to 4% of compensation
- Agency-funded life and disability insurance program
- Financial incentives to further employee education
- Educational loan repayment programs (conditions apply)
Comprehensive Healthcare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. We value the diverse perspectives and strengths that our employees bring to the workplace and we encourage individuals from underrepresented groups to apply for our positions. The Human Resources department gladly offers accommodations and assistance for the application and interview process; please contact us at (509) 575-4084 to make arrangements.