Behavioral Health Technician / Psych Tech
$200 Sign on Bonus!Behavioral Health Technicians / Psych Techs, if you’re looking for career flexibility, we can help! At NurseCore we are passionate about connecting healthcare professionals and nurses with the medical positions that fit their lifestyle. We offer a variety of opportunities that allow you to set your schedule. As the national leader in medical staffing, we’ll find you the perfect career opportunity so you can concentrate on what you do best—helping people get better.
NurseCore is proud to offer a $200 sign-on bonus to all new* BHT's upon completion of working 80 hours.
*Applicable to new NurseCore employees only. Must mention “sign-on” bonus during application processAs a member of our healthcare team you’ll enjoy:
- Competitive Pay
- Flexible Schedules
- Friendly, Accessible Office Staff
Your dream job is waiting for you; join our team and we’ll help you find it! Apply Today!Responsibilities
As a Behavioral Health Technician / Psych Tech you will assist with planning, organizing, implementing, and evaluating activities occurring on the nursing unit by ensuring the safety and well-being of residents in a closely supervised inpatient psychiatric facility. You will receive guidance and direction from Lead Behavioral Health Technicians or other qualified supervisor(s) as designated by the facility.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintains current knowledge of procedures, equipment, and supplies necessary for ensuring safe patient care in the facility.
- Charts observations according to facility policy and procedure and on assigned patient’s chart in legible, accurate, and appropriate format.
- Receives guidance and direction from Lead Behavioral Health Technicians or supervisor in a professional and receptive manner.
- Assists in admitting patients by performing contraband checks, safety checks, and orienting patient to the unit.
- Conducts Q 15 minute patient safety checks for each shift as assigned.
- Conducts 1:1 level of patient observation, as required and as assigned.
- Completes unit safety checks each shift per facility policy.
- Completes detailed and accurate documentation for patient belongings upon admission to discharge.
- Accompanies patients during transfers from one service level to another. Assists in the discharge of patients to include returning of contraband and personal items and completes required documentation.
- Maintains a clean, safe environment.
- Attends in-services and staff meetings then incorporates the information to improve patient care.
- Implements facility approved Non Violent Crisis Intervention as needed.
- Interacts with patients in a professional manner.
- Facilitates communication and cooperation among various facility departments involved in care of patients.
- Adheres to and supports team members in exhibiting NurseCore values of integrity, community, compassion, and dedication.
- Adheres to NurseCore organizational and department-specific safety, confidentiality, values policies and standards.
- Performs related duties assigned.
We have a variety of Behavioral Health Technician / Psych Tech openings available and are excited about matching you with a great opportunity! Take a look at the requirements below, to see what you’ll need to get started.
- High school diploma
- 21 years of age or older
- 2 years of experience as a Psych Tech / Behavioral Health Tech within the last 3 years in a supervised setting
- Must have CPI Card
- Current CPR certification (live demonstration only)
- Proof of negative TB/PPD or Chest X-ray within the last 12 months
- Proof of current physical completed within the last 12 months