Who is Comprehensive Healthcare?
Comprehensive Healthcare provides innovative behavioral health and integrated healthcare services to clients of all ages. We take pride in our creative and collaborative work environment and in delivering clinically excellent, trauma-informed, recovery-oriented services.
What are we looking for in a Behavioral Health Specialist?
As part of our Expanded Community Service (ECS) program, the Behavioral Health Specialist provides mental health assessments and treatment to individual adults and seniors in our residential facilities. This position uses various education strategies to increase clients’ skill-building and management of mental health symptoms. The Behavioral Health Specialist will work closely with other residential and treatment staff including case managers, mental health workers, and nurses to ensure that each client receives individualized and appropriate treatment for their behavioral health concerns.
Behavioral Health Specialist duties may include:
- completing intakes and assessments for clients in residential facilities
- participating in collaborative treatment planning with clients and treatment teams
- coaching residential staff on intervention strategies
- leading educational groups for clients
- making referrals to other community services and treatment, when appropriate
- providing crisis evaluation and intervention services
- monitoring medication response and symptom management
- Two years of experience working with adults
- Master's degree in social work, counseling, or related field OR Bachelor's degree in relevant field and current enrolled in social work or counseling master's degree program with one year completed
What Comprehensive Healthcare Can Offer You
Training and Development
- A variety of career opportunities in a wide range of settings with room for mobility and promotion
- Regular training opportunities including support, supervision, and consultation in implementing evidence-based services and programs
Innovative Program & Services
- A strong reputation for providing quality, evidence-based services within a collaborative multi-disciplinary team environment
- Innovative, forward-looking leadership that seeks to thrive in an ever-changing healthcare environment
- Joint Commission-accredited organization committed to continuous quality improvement
- Established partnerships with major research universities and other community and healthcare providers to implement cutting-edge treatment programs and services
- Competitive salaries within our communities and industry
- Healthcare coverage for employee and qualified family members
- Generous vacation, paid holiday and sick leave policies
- Access to Employee Assistance Program services
- Agency-funded retirement plan with contributions equal to 5% of compensation
- Additional retirement investment opportunities with a 50% investment match of up to 4% of compensation
- Agency-funded life and disability insurance program
Comprehensive Healthcare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. We value the diverse perspectives and strengths that our employees bring to the workplace and we encourage individuals from underrepresented groups to apply for our positions. The Human Resources department gladly offers accommodations and assistance for the application and interview process; please contact us at (509) 575-4084 to make arrangements.