ProPath, one of the largest completely physician owned pathology practices in the country, seeks a CMC Lab Assistant II in the Core Lab to join our thriving practice. This position is based at our 85,000 square foot campus and corporate office in Dallas. ProPath is a nationally recognized practice founded in 1966 and has nearly 50 physicians and PhD’s on the team.
Days: Monday - Friday
Hours: 10:00 PM - 6:30 AM
Our CMC Lab Assistant II prepare patient samples for clinical testing and data entry of patient demographics into databases in a precise and accurate fashion for the Cytology, Microbiology and Core areas of the laboratory.
- Proficient at all duties of a Laboratory Assistant I including:
- Accurately enter clinical data/information into the computer system (i.e. order entry, patient demographics and/or results). Identify any missing or invalid data entry information and take the appropriate action to correct.
- Perform technical and non-technical procedures required to process and submit patient specimens for analysis.
- Operate automated and semi-automated equipment according to standard operating procedures.
- Effectively communicate deficiencies to appropriate personnel, including deficiencies related to specimens, paperwork, database information, and equipment.
- Accurately document information as required, including processing logs, quality control, and labeling of reagents.
- Demonstrate proficiency in more than one Laboratory System for data entry.
- Safely handle a wide variety of sample types to include potentially infectious and time sensitive specimens such as blood, microbiology specimens, and non-gyn cytology specimen.
- Troubleshoot order inadequacies and instrument issues and resolve problems.
- Special projects such as evaluating/validating new equipment and or new regents and testing new procedures.
- Communicate effectively in a courteous, professional manner with all levels of management, co-workers and clients to provide quality customer service.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, company and department policies, procedures and regulations.
- Maintain confidentiality of employee, patient, client and company information.
- Work effectively within a team-oriented department and company.
- Work overtime as needed.
- Other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND KNOWLEDGE:
High school diploma or equivalent required. High level of accuracy and speed when entering alpha and numeric data. Incumbent must be detail- and quality-oriented. and must have demonstrated proficiency in all duties of a Laboratory Assistant I.
At least one year of experience as a Laboratory Assistant I is preferred.
Routine work encompasses working with chemical/biohazardous material. All safety policies and practices are to be followed and are a condition of employment.
ProPath offers employees a full benefits package that includes: medical, dental, a matched 401K plan, and much more! Our Lab Assistant plays an important role in helping ProPath achieve its vision of being the premier provider of diagnostic medical care.
Don’t Follow the Leader, Join the Leader!Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)