Envision Physician Services is a multispecialty physician group and practice management company. Established in 1953, our organization provides anesthesia, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology, primary/urgent care, surgical services, and women’s and children’s health services to hospitals and health systems nationwide. Sheridan Healthcare, EmCare, Reimbursement Technologies and Emergency Medical Associates have recently joined forces to form Envision Physician Services. As one organization, we now provide a greater scope of service than any other national physician group. Our collective experience from hundreds of local, customized engagements, culture of continuous lean process improvement, and team of experts in the business of healthcare enable us to better solve complex problems and consistently give healthcare organizations confidence in our execution. Our combined organization serves more than 780 healthcare facilities in 48 states and the District of Columbia.
If you are looking for a stable, fast-paced, growing company in the healthcare industry that is committed to innovation, excellence and integrity, then this may be a great next step in the advancement of your career.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Coding Specialist working remotely.
The Coding Specialist I is responsible for reviewing and applying applicable ICD-10 (diagnosis), CPT-4 (procedure) codes, and modifiers as needed, in adherence with departmental policies for services provided by physicians and allied health providers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the workflow of the coding department to maintain the expected level of production. This includes accurate documentation of work being done and what is completed on a daily basis.
- Meet and maintain all department and personal production goals as directed by the Coding Manager / Supervisor.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures
- Correct of any daily coding errors as directed by the Coding Manager / Supervisor.
- Participates in the ongoing review process, as directed by the Coding Manager to assure the accurate application of CPT, ICD-10, HCPC’s codes, the capture of all services provided, and that services which were not performed are not billed for.
- Maintenance of the accuracy rating as published in the Internal Review Policy and Procedure
- Accurate coding of CPT, ICD-10 and Physician assignment of all medical records
- Accurate coding of all ASA codes, where applicable.
- Application of appropriate billing regulations for services as directed by the Coding Department Coding Policy.
- Maintains continuing educational criteria for ongoing certification. Certification is the responsibility of the individual coder and verification of certification(s) or credentialing must be possible.
- Other duties as assigned
- Reads and abides by the company’s code of conduct, ethics statements, employee handbook(s), policies and procedures and other corporate mandates, including participation in mandatory training programs
- Reports any real or suspected violation of the corporate compliance program, company policies and procedures, harassment or other prohibited activities in accordance with the reporting policies of the company
- Obtains clarification of policy whenever necessary and may use the resources available through the Compliance, Human Resources or Legal Department to do so
- Support and abide by the values of the company
- Responsible for adhering to Information Security Policies and ensuring Envision is as secure as possible.
Excellence – Going above and beyond to deliver the highest quality care and experience to our patients and teammates
Collaboration – Being inclusive and supportive of one another to deliver improved outcomes to our patients and teammates
Ethical Responsibility – Acting with the utmost integrity and doing the right thing, even when nobody is watching
Engagement – Promote an environment where clinicians and teammates thrive, feel passion and joy for what they do, take care of each other, and are proud of who we are and what we do.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Sense of urgency and reliability
- Detail-oriented and a team player
- Good organizational skills
- Communicate and work well in a team environment
- Meet established production and quality goals/metrics
- Follow up in a timely manner on open items
- Able to effectively prioritize work on a daily basis
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and 0-2 years of related experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of:
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Code Correct
- Healthcare Billing System (AS400 preferred)
- Knowledge Tree
- NiCQ Notes (if applicable)
- Proficient in 10-key calculator
Certificates and Licenses (if applicable)
- CPC, CPC-H, CCS, CCS-P, or RHIT Certificates will be considered
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.