Come join our team of professionals at Aurora Behavioral Health System. This 100-bed free standing psychiatric inpatient hospital and outpatient program located in Glendale, AZ is looking for a talented Cook with high standards of excellence. Our psychiatric facility is licensed to treat adolescents and adults for a wide range of psychiatric conditions and chemical dependency. The Cook works under the supervision of the Dietary Director producing foods for a variety of diets according to dietary guidelines for patients, visitors and employees. The Cook is responsible for handling foods using safety and sanitary guidelines, and keeping work area clean and sanitized.
* Plans and organizes workload effectively for food preparation and service.
* Prepares an adequate amount of food for assigned meal service.
* Insures preps are completed, and leftovers are used correctly.
* Maintains a clean and sanitary work environment at all times.
* Organizes and serves food on tray lines, when finished clears line, labels, dates and properly stores all food items and cleans work area.
* Performs all styles of cooking positions as needed or assigned.
* Checks, receives, and stores supplies properly as assigned.
* Monitors and documents refrigeration and food temperatures.
* Follows quality control guidelines for preparation and service of food.
* Checks and helps to prepare special function requests.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
* Previous experience working in a food service industry, preferably in a hospital or institutional setting.
* Good communication and guest relations skills
* Capable of working well with others in a confined work space
* Must be able to concentrate on work amidst distractions such as noise, conversations and foot traffic
* Ability to organize workload and use effective time management to consistently meet deadlines
* Must be able to read and comprehend recipes or instructions on prepackaged products.
* Ability to convert and adjust mathematical measurements for recipe adjustments.
* Must be able to use kitchen equipment such as knives, slicers, mixers and dishwashers
* Must have knowledge of the hygiene factors involved in food preparation