UP Health System - Marquette
Provides computerized assisted tomographic/radiologic services as ordered/directed, according to establishedpractices and procedures.
Reviews patient history and physician's orders. Educates patient regarding procedures, equipment and examto ensure patient's understanding and cooperation.
When ordered, prepares and administers contrast media and/or medications within scope of practice.Monitors patient condition continually and reports/responds to changes in status as appropriate.
Prepares equipment and supplies. Selects appropriate exposure factors and imaging parameters. Implementssafety standards and performs appropriate quality control procedures on equipment. Troubleshoots, resolves,and/or reports equipment malfunctions as necessary.
Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality control procedures on equipment.Troubleshoots, resolves, and/or reports equipment malfunctions as necessary.
Positions patient and performs imaging procedure(s). Analyzes results and identifies issues with the quality ofimaging results. Takes appropriate action to resolve image quality issues, including repositioning patient andrepeating procedure. Enters, transmits and reports scan results.
- Two years ARRT accredited program in Radiologic Technology
- Associate's degree (Preferred)
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must beable to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
*If not ARRT(CT), then you must work under the supervision of an ARRT(CT) technologist until your ARRT(CT) isobtained.
- Basic Life Support Health Care Provider (BLS-HCP)
- ARRT Registry in Radiology (R) or Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMTCB)
- ARRT Registry in Computed Tomography (CT) or Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMTCB) inCT (within 1 year hire/transfer)
Minimum Work Experience
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans’ status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
- 1 year in radiologic technology and/or CT procedures (Preferred)