Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health!
This is what we were meant to do - Together!
**Experienced CT Tech may be eligible for a sign on bonus!**
The computer tomography technologist is a certified health professional who, under the direction of an authorized user, is committed to applying the art and skill of diagnostic imaging through the safe and effective use of CT scanning equipment. Responsibilities include direct patient care provided in a compassionate and timely manner. The technologist's growth and development is maintained through ongoing medical and technical education and research and ultimately contributes to the delivery of quality patient care.
- Is neat in appearance and in accordance with established dress code that promotes professionalism.
- Conducts self in a professional manner.
- Maintains good rapport with other staff members.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
Policies and Procedures:
- Demonstrates knowledge of policies, procedures and emergency codes of the hospital and the radiology department.
- Reviews all appropriate manuals annually.
- Demonstrates knowledge of direct patient care for imaging.
- Demonstrates knowledge of computed tomography procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge of operation of all equipment used in computed tomography.
- Demonstrates knowledge of sterile technique.
- Demonstrates knowledge of procedures that use contrast material.
- Demonstrates knowledge of PACS.
- Performs warm-up procedures on scanner daily.
- Properly positions patient on CT scanning cradle and properly immobilizes with appropriate devices to obtain desired anatomic position.
- Selects exposure techniques and correct computer protocol for exam.
- Makes radiation exposures by energizing scanner per physician request and history.
- Manipulates reconstructed images using a wide variety of available computer functions to optimally visualize desired anatomy.
- Loads and programs pressure injector according to parameters established for each procedure.
EDUCATION, SPECIALIZED AND/OR TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:**
Graduate of an accredited School of Radiologic Technology Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technology in CT License by the Ohio Department of Health. Current CPR certification
- 36 hrs/wk (12-hr shifts)
- days (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday)
- holiday rotation
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Great health, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- And a lot more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:36
Work Shift:Days/Afternoons (United States of America)
Mercy Health provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law. If you require accommodation in the application process please contact our Human Resources Department at (513)952-5280 or by email at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. This department will make sure you get connected with a Human Resources representative that can assist you.