JOB TITLE: Case
REPORTS TO: Supervisor,
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing,
monitoring and evaluating options and services to effect an appropriate,
individualized plan for the client across the continuum of care.
- Using independent judgment the case manager
utilizes clinical knowledge and competence, communication skills, problem
solving and conflict resolution to effectively ensure optimal client outcomes
with consideration to payor requirements.
- Works effectively with all health care team
members internally and externally.
- Manages care of clients through the health care
system based on the individual’s needs, utilizing clinical knowledge,
communication skills, and problem solving and conflict skills.
- Proactively identifies and resolves delays and
The list of accountabilities is not intended to be
all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other education- and
experience-related duties that management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Unrestricted, active RN license required.
- BSN and/or CCM preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize with
variable and sometimes conflicting deadlines; superior attention to detail and
demonstrated ability in decision-making.
- Demonstrated initiative and judgment in
performance of job responsibilities, while maintaining professionalism,
flexibility and dependability under pressure.
- Strong communication (written/verbal),
interpersonal, organizational, time management and communication skills with a
strong focus on customer service, including
building and maintaining relationships with internal/external customers
and facilitating meetings.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a
- Ability to research/identify and apply
appropriate standards of care.
- Interest in continuous learning and a commitment
to staying informed on regulatory changes.
- 3 - 5 years clinical experience with a minimum
of 1-3 years case management review experience required
Mental and Physical
The physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations
will be made as required by law in an attempt to enable an individual with a
disability to perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the
duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for prolonged
periods of time; key and/or control objects; interact extensively with internal
and external customers; occasionally lift and/or move objects weighing up to 10
pounds; and occasionally travel within the state.
Equal Opportunity Employer