- Coordinates, directs and supervises all center activities including care planning and implementation, preparation for interdisciplinary conference and daily meetings, family conferences and all related follow up. Initial and periodic assessments.
- Serves as liaison between individual program disciplines, and community service providers.
- Participates in Management Team and serves as liaison between administration and direct staff.
- Controls center's budget.
- Coordination of 24-hour care delivery.
- Continuously evaluating the participants' changing needs and making necessary program adjustments.
- Providing appropriate in-service education.
- Directs, supervises, and evaluates the performance of the Day Center Service Coordinator, Clinic Supervisor, Social Workers, Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, Dietary Coordinator, Recreation Coordinator, and Receptionist.
- In conjunction with the Executive Director is responsible for maintaining compliance with all state and federal program requirements, obtaining and maintain certification under Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) as well as any other state or federal law or rules.
- Assists in the development and implementation of the Senior CommUnity Care of Michigan Strategic Plan, as well as, short-range and long-term plans, budgets and related information systems based on broad organization goals and growth objectives.
- Is a member of the Senior CommUnity Care Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) and acts as facilitator of IDT plan of care meetings.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Must have medical clearance for communicable diseases and up-to-date immunizations before having direct participant contact.
2. Must have a valid driver's license, proof of insurance and have means of transportation.
3. Colorado licensure as required and CPR certification.
4. Experience: A minimum of five (5) years of health care experience and at least three (3) years of supervisory experience, preferably in a geriatric care setting required. A minimum of one year's experience in working with the frail or elderly population. Shall have either training or related experience in the job assigned. The Center Manager shall be knowledgeable of the physical, mental, and social needs of the elderly and be a professional in one of the following: Nursing, Social Work, Psychology, Recreation Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Speech Therapy, Dietetics, or Gerontology.
5. Number and Type of Employees Supervised: RN, LPN, C.N.A., Clerical staff, RT, OT, PT, MSW, HCC, Home Health Aides, Transportation staff.
6. Ages of Patients Rendered Care: Adult and Geriatric.
7. Skills and Knowledge:
* Working knowledge of the PACE regulations.
* Working knowledge of Colorado's healthcare and aging networks.
* Demonstrated effective leadership and decision-making skills.
* Effective supervisory skills.
* Must possess the skills necessary to provide care for geriatric patients, must thrive in a team environment; must possess good organizational and supervisory skills, ability to effectively handle difficult and unusual interpersonal situations.
* Ability to foster collaborative working relationships.
* Strong group facilitation skills.
* Working knowledge of physical, mental, and social needs of the frail elderly and their families.
* Working knowledge of quality improvement and cost containment systems.
* Ability to apply creative problem-solving skills to complex issues.
* Ability to effectively and efficiently plan, prioritize and follow-up on delegate responsibilities.
* Grasp of the knowledge base from which various disciplines assess the needs of the elderly population.
* Effective written and oral communication skills.
* Working knowledge of local health care and geriatric service networks.
* Working knowledge of spreadsheet, database, and/or word processing.
* Only acts within the scope of his or her authority to practice. Must meet a standardized set of competencies for the specific position description established by Senior Community Care and approved by CMS before working independently.
* Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.
To Apply: www.jobs.net/j/JhWwxiJU