Certified Home Health Aides and Certified Nursing Assistants
- Encourages the client to become as independent as possible according to the nursing care plan
- Attempts to promote client's mental alertness through involvement in activities of interest
- Supports with certain approved and supervised treatments as ordered by the physician
- Plans and prepares nutritious meals
- Helps the client to maintain good personal hygiene
- Assists in maintaining a healthy, safe environment
- Assists the client with transfers and ambulation with or without an assistive device
- Gives simple emotional and psychological support to the client and other members of the household.
- Completion of the 9th grade or its equivalent; prefer high school graduate.
- Completion of 1 (one) year's employment as a CNAor HHA required.
- Completion of a basic aide training program consistent with state and federal requirements and for which a certificate was obtained.
- Ability to speak, comprehend, read and write English consistent with job requirements.
- Satisfactory performance on a competency evaluation and annual re-evaluation.
- Completion of one year's employment as a personal care aide, nurse's aide or in another healthcare-related field preferred.
- Has the emotional and mental maturity necessary for establishing and maintaining a good work relationship with client, client's family and the personnel of the company.
- Must have available, reliable transportation to and from assignments
Benefits may include:
- Health and dental insurance
- Flexible schedules based on your availability
- Paid orientation
- Weekly pay and direct deposit