Aerotek is currently hiring for an experienced medical assistant to be a part of one of the top healthcare companies in the Hampton Roads Area.
- Takes vital signs such as height, weight, temperature, and blood pressure. May draw blood under the immediate supervision of a Physician or RN.
- Maintains clean, well-equipped examination rooms; cleans and sterilizes instruments.
- Stocks examination rooms and triage area with medical supplies. Inventories and reorders supplies.
- Document all information in EMR.
- Answers incoming telephone calls and refers calls as necessary. Also responsible for taking messages, paging doctors when appropriate, handling hospital consults, and answering inquiries.
- Schedules appointments with doctors, calls patients to remind and confirm appointments; reschedules patients from the bump list, and schedules resident's clinics where appropriate.
- Prepares charts for the next day; creates new patient charts, files and pulls charts and checks charts for referrals and authorization prior to visit. Also prepares charge tickets.
- Greets patients in a courteous manner, marks off names as patients arrive, and notifies nurses/medical assistants/MDs of arrivals.
- Registers all patients, verifies demographics and insurance, determines insurance co-pays, and collects money
Candidates must have experience as a medical assistant that is ideally certified or registered. All interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply or call for more information.
Scientific | Professional Services
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.