Certified Medical Assistant - Make a Difference
Be a part of the Clinical Care Team as a Medical Assistant. You will engage our patients to develop lifelong well-being and health. Continucare Homestead is seeking a Certified Medical Assistant to make a difference in people’s lives by providing prescribed medical treatment and personal care services to ill, injured, convalescent, and disabled patients under the direction of a physician or nurse in our medical center.
- Assist with daily patient flow in areas as needed.
- Gives direct patient care and performs indirect patient care activities, under the direction of a physician or nurse.
- Assists physician with examination as required and assists other staff members in providing patient care.
- Communicates observations of patient's status to nurse-in-charge.
- Organize follow-up care and instructions for patients with test results.
- Adheres to Nursing Department policies and procedures.
- Assist with daily patient flow in clinic area as needed.
- Patient teaching and education.
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of the EMR system, including arriving patients and scheduling.
- Documents in the EMR
- Handles prescription refills, where applicable
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Requires a Medical Assistant Certification from an accredited teaching establishment: American Association of Medical Assistant, National Healthcareer Association, American Registry of Medical Assistants, National Association for Health Professionals, American Medical Technologist, National Center for Competency Testing, and/or National Association of Healthcare Technicians.
- Phlebotomy Certificate
- 12 months to 2 years of related work experience is preferred.
- Excellent customer service. Must interact with patients in a respectful and amicable manner. Employees are expected to treat patients with compassion and protect their rights.
- Bilingual English/Spanish. Must be able to speak, read and write in both languages without limitations or assistance.
- Experience in a fast pace/high volume environment
- Experience with MS Outlook
- Basic Computer knowledge
- CPR certification
- Knowledge of OSHA requirements.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Effective interpersonal and communications skills required.
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records
- Hands-on professional Phlebotomy experience
- Experience with HEDIS
Environmental/Working Conditions: Work is performed in an office environment. Occasional stress related to workload and patients with urgent needs.
Physical Demands: Work may require hand dexterity for telephone and office machine operation. May require occasional lifting of up to 20 lbs.
Together we can make a difference! Apply today!