Performs patient care according to the plan of care.Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Able to communicate verbally and in writing.
Education and/or Other Requirements
- High School Education or Equivalent. Completion of approved C.N.A. program and passed the Illinois Competency Exam; currently in the Illinois C.N.A. registry. One-on-one care training required. #CB
Essential Functions and Job Duties
- Performs patient care according to plan of care
- Reports abnormal findings and changes in patient condition to appropriate staff.
- Demonstrates competency in all required areas, including department specific and age specific and use of equipment.
- Prioritizes care on the unit.
- Completes admission and discharge procedures; take vital signs per standard of unit.
- When assigned one-on-one care to a patient that is perceived to be harmful to themselves or others, positions self in patient room at bedside to maintain constant visual observation of the patient and remain within arm’s length of patient. Never leaves the patient alone or out of sight unless specifically instructed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.