Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
Cares for residents under direction of nursing and medical staff, by performing the following duties.
We have full time and PRN positions available on all shifts and in both the AL and SNF.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. This list is not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Answers signal lights or bells to determine residents' needs.
- Bathes, dresses, and undresses residents.
- Serves and collects food trays and feeds residents requiring help.
- Transports residents or assists residents to walk.
- Turns and repositions bedfast residents, alone or with assistance, to prevent bedsores.
- Changes bed linens, runs errands, directs visitors, and answers telephone.
- Takes and records temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration rates, and food and fluid intake and output, as directed.
- Practices universal precautions and infection control.
- Keep resident's rooms clean.
- Responds quickly to emergency situations.
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
What We Do
Gulf Coast Village is the premier Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) in Cape Coral, Florida. Independent Living offers an unparalleled lifestyle of comfort and convenience, with a rich array of services and amenities that are focused on living well. Of course the complete security of a full continuum of health care, if ever needed, is always available, including Assisted Living, Skilled Nursing, Specialized Memory Support, Home Health and Outpatient Services.
What We Are About & What We Expect:
Gulf Coast Village is dedicated to our Service Vision of providing Exceptional Care and World Class Hospitality. Our CARE Core Standards represent: Courtesy, Attention to Detail, Responsiveness, and Enthusiasm. We expect all of our team members to share in our dedication to our Service Vision and Core Standards.
What You Can Expect from Us
Full Time Staff: Health, Dental, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending, Tuition Assistance, Paid Time Off (PTO)
Full and Part Time Staff: Employee Assistance Program, PTO, Funeral and Jury Duty Leave, Toll Bridge Reimbursement, Direct Deposit, Fitness Center, Blood Donor Program and Appreciation and Recognition Programs
More Than a Job: Working here at Gulf Coast Village, our team has the opportunity to serve others. Having a mission, purpose and vision gives meaning to our lives. It provides a reason to go to work beyond a paycheck. We work together as a team in an environment that is challenging, rewarding and fun!
If you feel that you are a qualified applicant and want a rewarding position enhancing the lives of others and supporting our Service Vision, we invite you to consider this opportunity.
Gulf Coast Village is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Educational Requirements and Experience:
- Certified Nurse's Aide certification in the appropriate State.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Language Ability:
- Ability to communicate effectively speaking the primary language of the residents.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Mathematical Skills:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Cognitive Demands:
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills:
- Basic computer skills required.
- Must demonstrate an interest in working with a senior population.
- Interacts with guests, residents and staff in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Responds promptly to resident needs.
- Supports organization's goals and values.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities.